Content Marketing Strategist
- 530 E Montecito St, Santa Barbara, CA 93103, USA
With over 20 years of experience, CJ Affiliate is the most trusted and established name in affiliate marketing. As a performance-based marketing channel, we help advertisers acquire new customers and increase sales to current customers, while facilitating compensation to publishers for every action they drive. We reach billions of consumers by creating fair, transparent, and successful partnerships between advertisers and publishers.
We take just as much pride in our innovative technology and comprehensive data as we do in the expertise and dedication of our people. Our collaborative teams are equipped with advanced tools, training, and career development opportunities in order to provide our clients with cutting edge solutions, strategies, and support that drive meaningful results.
Under Publicis Groupe’s solution hub Publicis Media, CJ Affiliate has the resources and commitment to offer a truly customer-centric approach to affiliate marketing across our 14 offices worldwide. Above all else, our greatest asset has always been our people, and we are honored that that some of the best and brightest in the industry choose to call us home. We hope you will, too.
The Content Marketing Strategist will be responsible for positioning CJ’s innovative solutions and strategic expertise to help shape our company stance as a thought leader in the marketing technology industry. We're looking for someone with a strong technical understanding who is also a talented writer that can take complex topics and position them in clear, concise, and effective ways. You will understand our company from the ground up including our strategy, headwinds in the affiliate and digital industry, the competitive landscape, our product vision, and be deeply aligned with our client goals and needs. You’ll be a go-to for soliciting feedback from internal subject matter experts, industry experts, and leadership. You will use this information to help identify, create and deliver a unified message for CJ that resonates in the industry. You will examine data to create and substantiate our positioning. Where positioning is unclear or needs refinement, you’ll build a consensus and bring stakeholders to a unified stance.
What You'll Do:
- Demonstrate CJ’s command of the industry by substantiating our perspective on tough topics, industry headwinds and innovation with data and expertise.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop thought-provoking, accurate, on-brand content and positioning that aligns with our brand, vision and product initiatives.
- Operate as a hybrid Product Marketing and Content Marketing function, developing positioning with Product Marketing and synthesizing it into content, then work with Content Marketing to package it for final production.
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders and leadership to prioritize thought leadership initiatives including but not limited to whitepapers, case studies, infographics, videos, PPT slides, blog posts, website copy, email communication, internal training resources, etc.
- Determine marketing strategy/assets necessary to best articulate the concept at hand and meet business needs.
- Monitor/lead ongoing initiatives for on-time delivery and resolve, troubleshoot, and communicate project status to critical stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of CJ’s technology and/or affiliate marketing technical industry concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly distil complex or nuanced information into simple, yet powerful concepts.
- Exceptional communication skills via any medium--verbal, written, one-on-one, group, formal, informal, etc. Experience writing for a business-to-business audience preferred.
- Strong experience in understanding and interpreting data to tell a story.
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with a track record of leading projects through from concept to completion with minimal oversite.
- Ability to quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of new technology, new technology and solutions, company vision, and an understanding of where we fit into the competitive landscape.
- Strategic and critical thinker with excellent judgment who can see the big picture and also understands when details matter.
- Strong presentation skills and experience in expectation setting with stakeholders and/or leadership.
- Strong research and investigation skills with the ability to find the right people and ask them the right questions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with the business and stakeholders, with the ability to persuade, influence and create consensus.
- Ability to accept and interpret constructive feedback and pivot accordingly.
- Ability to create clarity, operate and thrive in ambiguity.
- Strong experience in Digital Marketing, with Affiliate Marketing and client management experience preferred.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office, especially proficient in PPT and Excel.
- Familiarity with Salesforce preferred.
Why CJ Affiliate?
CJ Affiliate is the leader in Affiliate Marketing. We take pride in our innovative technology, comprehensive data solutions and our people. We equip our teams with advanced tools, training and career development opportunities all to provide cutting edge solutions, strategies and support to deliver high quality results for our clients. We work in an energetic, results-oriented, collaborative, team environment that recognizes exceptional performance. As we evolve and grow as a business, so do you.
We're a community of creative and passionate problem solvers who go the distance to tackle the tough questions, think outside the box, and drive intelligent growth, for our clients—and ourselves. We foster and embody an inclusive and collaborative culture where diverse perspectives are sought, relationships are valued, and people feel accepted with a sense of belonging in expressing themselves authentically. We pride ourselves in having a workplace environment that values both work and play. Business Resource Groups, Fun team outings, office events, and flexible time off mean a work life balance with colleagues that turn into lifelong friends.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.
CJ Affiliate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CJ Affiliate’s policies prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. CJ Affiliate also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
CJ Affiliate will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.