Financial Analyst, FP&A
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
The Financial Analyst, FP&A supports forecasting and financial analysis for Leo Burnett Group and related business units within Publicis Groupe Creative. Reports to Associate Manager, FP&A.
Forecasting and Budgeting
· Support business unit Finance Directors in creating regular financial forecasts in line with Publicis Groupe schedule
· Analyze monthly and annual financial results, providing commentary on variances to forecast
· Ensure accuracy of information in Groupe financial software (Hyperion Financial Mgmt – HFM & Anaplan)
· Develop expertise in financial software to regularly update data and distribute financial reports
· Share information to support strategic planning across Finance and other departments
General & Administraive (G&A) costs
· Provides monthly reporting of G&A costs to budget holders across different departments.
· Works across agency to get costs coded to proper account and budget.
· Analyze actual costs to budget and understand variances and key drivers.
· Supports Finance and Executive leadership by compiling and analyzing data to create business insights
· Assists with presentations (charts, graphs, etc) of financial information to agency leadership
· Creates reports to highlight trends and evaluate business performance against expectations and historical data
Ad hoc Analysis
· Supports agency leadership by providing data and analysis to solve business problems.
· Extract and summarize data from Groupe financial software to assist leadership team
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
· Relevant internship experience and/or 1+ years of work experience considered
· Strong technical skills, especially Microsoft Excel (Vlookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
· Ability to be physical present in Chicago office once safely re-opened at a future date
· Effective communication skills
· Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
· Comfortable digging through large volumes of reporting for key operational findings
· Ability to work with confidential information professionally and discretly
· Ability to maintain and grow positive stakeholder relationships
· Self-motivation to work independently
· Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.