Corporate Development Director
- Wood Ln, London W12, UK
Here’s the deal. You’re not just applying to some basic technology company. You’re applying to a powerhouse that’s changing the face of an industry! We’re a new company with a 20 year heritage.
We’ve done what marketers have dreamed of for years, introduced a single platform that offers all the data, technology, partnerships and insights and have brought this to the affiliate channel. We couldn’t have done any of that without our team of superstars and a culture that celebrates each and every one of them.
Here’s what we believe in at CJ Affiliate:
- Ownership – We’re determined to make an impact – a big one – every day.
- Integrity – We treat our clients, customers and co-workers with genuine respect.
- Teamwork – We believe everything worthwhile is achieved through collaboration.
- Innovation – The status quo bores us. Everyone is encouraged to think differently and invent relentlessly.
This culture has driven our tremendous growth. Every day we work with more than 400 blue chip companies in providing powerful marketing solutions that drive stronger results than ANY competitor! It takes superstars to work here, and if that’s what you are, there’s no better place to make your mark!
Corporate Development focuses on establishing, then maintaining, a robust feedback loop with our key clients’ marketing client contacts and key executives where we both listen to their needs and demonstrate that CJ is the market leader in affiliate. This relationship helps us as we work to minimize contract cancellations while limiting rate reductions and improving other contractual, data, and technical integrations.
Key account renewals are vital to CJ’s long-term success and need to be proactively managed and orchestrated by this team. Our Corporate Development team, which sits within the Business Development organization, engages our largest strategic accounts.
The team aligns to our US Corporate Development team but is a standalone role in the UK with huge scope for development. Our ideal candidate will bring a blend of business development, senior-level (VP+) client account management, deep domain expertise in the affiliate space, and solid understanding of the other areas in which Epsilon and Publicis are engaged such as, private label credit cards, email, CRM, video, display, mobile, loyalty programs, and others.
- For assigned accounts, improve the rate of renewal and quality of our agreement by minimizing contract cancellations while limiting rate reductions and improving other contractual, data, and technical integrations.
- Work across client organizations to ensure the value of affiliate (as a whole) and CJ (specifically) is well understood and valued with an eye to increasing the total budget that a client spends through CJ
- Elevate CJ’s profile to higher levels in the client organization, outside of our day-to-day affiliate contacts
- Proactively communicate product development strategy to clients, solicit meaningful feedback, and provide this to the CJ product team
- Lead upsell opportunities created by product innovation
- Understand each customer’s value perception of CJ as a partner and solicit feedback on where we can improve in this regard.
- Look for opportunities to cross sell CJ across the Publicis Group globally making internal and then external introductions, and monitor the progress to ensure a solid handoff to our sister entities
You will be a proven leader working as part of a strategic commercial development function that delivers incremental growth across ALL European markets with;
- At least 6 years digital experience in a commercially focused or business development capacity (preferably with experience in Affiliate Marketing)
- A demonstrable track record in developing relationships, retaining strategic partnerships and winning business
- Experience and/or a strong passion for online marketing
- Strong time management and organisational skills to maintain own work-flow and meet deadlines
- Energy and enthusiasm that will inspire those around you
Great people deserve great benefits!
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay and a variety of other benefits as well as endless opportunities to advance your career.