Group Account Director
- 21 Harris St, Pyrmont NSW 2009, Australia
We are a creative solutions company.
We believe that creativity is the most powerful asset in business today. In an increasingly commoditised world, creativity is the greatest competitive advantage for our clients and their brands. Our ability to create fresh, original, disruptive, transformative ideas comes from a deep understanding of human behaviour. It’s what we bring to every business problem. We call it HumanKind™ thinking. It’s not about customers or consumers; we start with people and their behaviour. And we use all our intelligence, design thinking, digital innovation and customer experience capabilities to shape that thinking into behaviour and business-changing solutions.
We never stand still.
We abide by the belief that “constructive dissatisfaction” is the essence of progress. And the key to building better solutions. It’s in our DNA. Leo Burnett was famous for saying "Let's continue to be known as an agency which spends more time trying to improve its theories rather than defend them."
We started life as an advertising agency, but we’ve completely transformed our business. We embrace technology as a critical enabler of creativity, and we’re continuously innovating to build new services and capabilities that help us deliver amazing solutions for our clients.
We are looking for a Group Account Director to welcome into the team. This is an entry level Group Account Director role - if you are a strong Senior Account Director looking to step into a GAD role this is the one for you.
You'll be responsible for developing client relationships and leading strategic recommendations across your client portfolio. Your role is one of leadership and example, inspiring and coaching your team to provide the best possible service to our clients.
- Develops and cultivates trusting relationships with client senior management
- Shows market foresight to effectively anticipate threats and opportunities in your clients’ business
- Manages effective communication ideas that drive top line growth and a competitive advantage on clients’ business. Helps to develop work that clearly differentiates them.
- Assumes overall accountability for the management/direction of all activities on your clients.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the agency’s multiple disciplines and grows clients’ business across the agency by aligning our integrated offering with your clients’ needs.
- Partners with senior management on forward-planning for future success on the accounts including operational issues, staffing and profitability
- Facilitates agency and account specific training for team and senior clients
- Leads new business efforts working in conjunction with senior management
- Develops and delivers compelling client presentations and new business presentations
- Responsible for growth and profitability of account portfolio, attaining annual revenue and margin targets
- Directs contract and fee negotiations
- Seeks new opportunities for the agency’s integrated marketing teams
- Utilises Agency resources effectively and efficiently
- Creates a team environment in which the agency’s best talent want to work
- Oversees staff selection, performance management and training for assigned account team
- Encourages a culture of ongoing development among all agency staff
- Works closely with senior management to achieve agency objectives
- Client Management
- Strategic Thinking
- People Management
- Financial Management
- Tertiary qualified in a communications/marketing discipline preferred
- 8-10 years agency experience in account management
What we’ll offer you:
- Work in one of the world’s most progressive and dynamic modern communications businesses
- Opportunity to work with a diverse workforce where we value all the benefits of harnessing differences for our people, our clients and our business.
- A committed Diversity and Inclusion and Belonging strategy driven through our Viva! Women, Égalité and First Peoples RAP (reconciliation action plan) programs
- A creative, fun and rewarding office environment backed up by our Publicis Liberté flexibility approach “working your way, with us!”
- Open environment, where your input and feedback is valued
- Access to employee benefits including –wellness programmes, learning and development opportunities, network events
- Confidential 24 hour support via our employee assistance programme
Leo Burnett, as a part of Publicis Groupe, believes that our people are our greatest asset. Our people are chosen for their personalities, their ethics and professional qualities without any exclusion, preferential treatment or discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate by reason of age, gender, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion or disability or any other difference. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide appropriate assistance for candidates with disabilities or special needs throughout the recruitment process upon request.