Data Strategy Director (m/ f/ d)
- Heidi-Kabel-Platz 2, 20099 Hamburg, Germany
Publicis Groupe has been appointed by Beiersdorf as the global agency partner for NIVEA, the world’s leading skin-care brand, for every market globally. For NIVEA we have built a bespoke agency called Publicis One Touch, a name that embodies the NIVEA brand purpose of ‘The Power of Touch’.
Publicis One Touch is a new agency model that brings together data, creativity and technology to help build a truly integrated approach to the Nivea brand. This model is designed to dramatically improve the effectiveness, efficiency, creativity and consistency of NIVEA marketing.
To deliver the creative scope and the implementation we will have powerhouses across 8 hubs in New York, Sao Paulo, Cape Town, Dubai, Mumbai, Shanghai, Bangkok, Moscow. The new Agency will be led from a Hamburg HQ, and use a network of Publicis One Touch teams in over 40 other markets to cover the NIVEA world.
Working at Publicis One Touch not only gives team members the chance to work on an iconic brand at a global level and not just be a part of an agency, but be an essential part of business transformation for Beiersdorf.
We are looking for a Data Strategy Director (m/ f/ d)
Role is to generate new and interesting insights and tell stories through data by exploring and analyzing data, testing hypotheses, uncovering patterns and analyzing results using statistical techniques that inform:
- All critical stages of ‘Make it Right’, ‘Make it Work’ and ‘Make it Magic’ stages of work development
- Creative campaign development through alerts, advice and tweaks to solve issues as they arise
- Workshops and brainstorms with the latest competitive, category and consumer trend data
- Customer Journeys
- Delivery of a weekly summary dashboard to feed into Always On development
- Work with the Social Listening team in Bulgaria who will be delivering a monthly Social Listening report
We are looking for a passionate data expert with a ‘can-do’ attitude who is able to support both management and the planning team on a consistent basis by using data tools and techniques to create interesting insights for creativity. Critical to the role is to take data and turn it into “stories”, “pictures” and insight which will provide creative springboards and provide greater levels of understanding of our consumers, their lives and the relationship that people have with their skin.
We aim to build a suite of smart “proprietary” techniques and tools which are focused on NIVEA and skincare more broadly (some examples of techniques developed by Saatchi UK are included below to provide inspiration).
Focused on informing different stakeholders with observations, running the continuous improvement process, activating along the customer journey and acting as the connection between data & strategy. Adds the local marker perspective for different analysis purposes.
Undertakes data strategy and analytics approach to key global insights and recommendations, in partnership with regions and markets
- 5+ years’ proven experience within Data Consulting and Data Science or similar role, with a marketing background
- Strong data analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- An understanding of the communication process
- Effective social scraping skills
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings in an interesting and non - technical way
- Positive, resilient, fun-loving
- Detail-oriented, organized personality and great multi-tasker
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Highly proficient on Apple OS X
- Highly proficient on Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word, Excel).
Creative, innovative and interesting projects for a globally trusted and successful brand. An interesting job in which you can take responsibility and develop yourself. A dynamic, friendly team and a good working atmosphere and a lot of creative potential to move this great brand forward and appeal to new generations.
A generous office at the heart of Hamburg. An international team with 17 nationalities alone at our HQ in Hamburg. An ambitious yet fun start-up culture that successfully manages to build a great team even through the very challenging times under Covid restrictions. All you need to be successful, inspired, quench your thirst and feed your brain.
Person to contact: Brigitta Hornbach