Senior Art Director
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
Heartbeat is the full-service marketing agency for healthcare Challenger Brands. It’s our lifeblood to help these brands overcome their competitive challenges and rise above the expectations. That means we never take the easy road. We are a crew of optimists and activists who believe that “Never Been Done” doesn’t mean “Don’t Ever Do.”
That’s the philosophy, here are the creds: 250+ employees between NYC & LA; strategy, creative, media, & technology under a single roof; a pile of industry awards for our work (Clio, OMMA, MM+M, MANNY) and our agency (4x Best Place to Work from Ad Age & MM+M). We are especially proud of our industry-leading commitment to diversity & inclusion, with recognition from Med Ad News as a D&I Champion.
If you want to surround yourself with partners who are insightful, inventive, and courageous—well, you just hit the motherload.
About the Role:
• Creates and presents concepts for client campaigns and new business that meet strategic and business goals.
• Oversees a broad range of digital projects, which can include banners, large sites, brand development, mobile apps, video and presentations.
• Researches, reviews and recommends suitable illustration, photography and sound.
• Reviews and directs work of project teams, taking quality of design, strategic accuracy, and adherence to client goals and brand style guidelines into account.
• Presents work internally and to clients.
• Collaborates with Delivery, Account Services, Technology, Creative Leads, copywriting, and UX to incorporate revisions from client and/or team as needed.
• Reviews quality of final product, packages and delivers final deliverables to project managers and/or clients.
• Ensures that the scope is clear and agreed upon, driving scope discussions if necessary.
• Follows creative briefs by interpreting instructions and disseminating results to team members in an effective manner.
• Manages design resources for approved projects.
• Delivers products in a timely fashion to meet set deadlines.
• Oversees and prioritizes work effectively.
• Keeps management in the loop and effectively escalates roadblocks.
• Mentors and manages Art Directors, Associate Art Directors and Designers.
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of MAC OS, CS5, PowerPoint, InDesign.
• Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Flash (AS2 and AS3) and video production.
• Advanced typography skills, conceptual abilities and understanding of user centric design.
• Experience with brand development, pitches, video and video editing.
• Strong verbal communication skills in order to speak effectively before internal teams and clients.
• Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to guide others in the artistic development and execution of creative interactive marketing communication programs that meet client objectives.
• Must demonstrate a solid understanding of current creative media, mediums and trends.
• Supervisory experience is preferred.
• Must have a great book!
• A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in the art/creative field within an advertising agency, interactive, multi-media or web advertising industry.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.