Group Copy Supervisor
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
Walk the halls of SSW and you'll find a rather spirited and passionate group of people. It's a stimulating assembly of professionals—writers, managers, strategists, art directors, planners, analysts and developers.
We believe the only way to move people to live healthier, happier lives is to create ideas that move them emotionally. Never powered by reason alone, people – whether they’re consumers, caregivers, doctors or payers – are motivated to take action by emotion. Only when people feel something will they be willing to do something.
For decades, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness has provided consumer and professional marketing, strategic consulting and medical education to pharmaceutical and wellness brands. Today, we're dedicated to continuing that legacy by raising the bar and crafting award- winning work online, on-air, in print and in-office. Going beyond addressing simply the absence of illness, our vision is to inspire a healthier, happier world. Together, we strive to help brands thrive in today’s culture of wellbeing by leveraging the power of Wellness IntelligenceSM.
- Lead and execute long-form copy development for one or more brand engagements across HCP & Consumer audiences in the pharmaceutical marketing sector
- Know, like the back of your hand, all aspects of the brand including trials, studies and patient profiles
- Build strong relationships with Creative, Account & Client brand teams, such that each group identifies you as the holder of all copy, editorial and clinical knowledge for the brand
- Partner with Creative, Account and Client teams to ensure copy that advances creative brief objectives and accomplishes marketing objectives
- Point person for original (directed) copy development on assigned client engagements, including both tactical projects (websites and interactive marketing applications) and creative campaigns
- Present to, build relationships with, and find actionable paths forward based on the critiques of client MLR (medical, legal, regulatory) teams
- Build leadership cooperation with Editorial to engender obsessive attention to narrative consistency, voice & tone, and accuracy of content
- Write, reference and annotate copy in preparation for medical/legal review in a deadline-focused environment
- See copy decks and manuscripts through development and to launch (in partnership with Editorial)
- Deliver fluent knowledge of interactive capabilities, content development and editorial flow
- Develop original content for new projects, and collaborate with Medical Director when needed
- Help mentor more Junior Copy Writers, developing their ability to produce quality work
- Ability to recognize strong creative ideas and see them through to completion.
- Ability to sell ideas to other members of the creative team and to clients.
- In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical/healthcare marketing.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- A strong copy portfolio and unique voice.
- Track record as a creative problem solver with a knack for fresh ideas and a new perspective.
- At least 10 years’ web copywriting experience, including work in pharma/healthcare.
- Experience with writing consumer-focused and healthcare professional focused content.
- Bachelor’s degree.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.