- New York, New York, UNITED STATES
Marcel is looking for a hands on analytical, entrepreneurial, and execution-oriented Vice President of Engineering to help us create an innovative AI-powered employee platform. Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for helping lead a team that owns the strategy, roadmap, and development of our product portfolio.
Marcel is an employee platform that seeks to empower employees through knowledge, opportunity, connection and growth. It is a differentiator for the Publicis Groupe business as it cuts across the composite agencies and is an integral part of the employee experience for 80,000 employees.
You will help guide the Marcel platform organization through technology transformation and optimization initiatives. Your focus will be on understanding and applying existing, new, and emerging technologies to transform and optimize business and operating models.
Your emphasis will be to help the organization plan, design, innovate, orchestrate, facilitate, navigate and operationalize our digital business transformation. You will need to respond to disruptive forces by helping business leaders facilitate the decision-making process and providing actionable, documented recommendations on initiatives, processes and policies to help the organization drive targeted business outcomes.
You will be responsible for managing the evolution of the engineering and architecture practices including the co-leading of the engineering team, in partnership with the Vice President of Product. You will be responsible for defining the engineering practices, target-state architectures, architecture reviews / governance, and for leading the integration of those processes with related business and IT functions.
· Hire (as required) and develop a premier engineering and architecture team that is highly collaborative and focused on delivering spectacular outcomes that meaningfully impact the Publicis Groupe (and our clients’) businesses
· Work with the Marcel leadership team to ensure a robust product vision and roadmap is established and adhered to across the organization
· Collaborate among leaders on the team and throughout the business to produce an amazing product that solves meaningful problems and achieves spectacular results
· Foster a strong product culture that focuses on the importance of execution - relying on continuous, rapid learning
· Facilitate business and IT alignment through collaboration enabling us to drive the organization’s business strategies and balancing innovation and growth
· Formulate, translate, advocate, support and execute a technology strategy, detecting critical deficiencies, and guiding investment decision, in order to achieve Publicis Groupe’s targeted business outcomes
· Scan the world for major disruptive technology and nontechnology trends (trendspotting) that affect business. Provide practical advice and best practices to overcome these challenges and successfully deliver the expected business outcomes
· Lead and facilitate interaction with business leaders, product managers and product owners in a conversation over the risks and implications of a technology decision to the business unit and greater enterprise
· Participate in running technology experiments to create new products and services and integrate the best of these into the business strategy and operations of Marcel
· Build the enterprise and architecture practice to become an internal resource, offering services and skills to support the development and execution of business strategy
· Ensure the engineering and architecture organizational design process leads to a more efficient and effective business and IT operating model, significantly improved results (profitability, customer service, internal operations), and technology resources who are empowered and committed to the integration of business and IT
· Ensure the core engineering and architecture team works closely with extended architecture team members across the Publicis Groupe organization
· Present gap analyses and/or IT investment roadmaps that reflect the status of the existing IT landscape, namely, its ability to contribute to future-state business capabilities
· Develop and apply standards and minimal viable architectures informed by the business strategy
· Collaborate with product owners and agile teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture, and leverage shared technologies, tools, and processes that affect speed to value and time to market
· Collaborate with the editorial, customer success/support, data sciences and analytics teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture
· Oversee the documentation of all architecture design and analysis work
· Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, system analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience, MBA or Masters in Computer Science preferred
· Ten or more years driving technology strategy in a leadership role with also being close to the ground
· Ten or more years of experience in at least three disciplines, such as business, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multitier environment
· Must have a strong background leading cloud strategy development and implementation
· Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics
· Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, agile and lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations, and Enterprise Architecture and ITIL frameworks
· Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
· Excellent analytical and technical skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture
· Knowledge of business engineering principles and processes
· Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with a strong bias for action
· Knowledge of business, operating and financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting and risk management
· Understanding of the different types of agile principles, methodologies and frameworks, especially those designed to scale at the enterprise level
· Understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies and processing environments
· Balance the long-term and short-term implications of individual decisions and organization goals
· Translate business needs into engineering requirements
· Estimate the financial impact of IT alternatives
· Rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
· Ready to think, behave and act in an innovative manner to drive the Groupe’s digital business transformation
· Understand and speak the language of the business
· Trusted and respected as a thought leader who can influence and persuade business and IT leaders
· Highly collaborative and supportive of business and of its ideals and strategies
· Highly innovative with aptitude for foresight, systems thinking and design thinking
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.