Associate Director, Business Management
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
Heartbeat is the full-service marketing agency for healthcare Challenger Brands. It’s our lifeblood to help these brands overcome their competitive challenges and rise above the expectations. That means we never take the easy road. We are a crew of optimists and activists who believe that “Never Been Done” doesn’t mean “Don’t Ever Do.”
That’s the philosophy, here are the creds: 250+ employees between NYC & LA; strategy, creative, media, & technology under a single roof; a pile of industry awards for our work (Clio, OMMA, MM+M, MANNY) and our agency (4x Best Place to Work from Ad Age & MM+M). We are especially proud of our industry-leading commitment to diversity & inclusion, with recognition from Med Ad News as a D&I Champion.
If you want to surround yourself with partners who are insightful, inventive, and courageous—well, you just hit the motherload.
The ideal candidate for the Associate Director of Business Manager Position would have a strong financial acumen that can translate complex client finances into deliverables and action items for the agency team. (Client Services, Production, Finance, Creative)
The candidate would also understand the scope of our client work and how they work impacts the client finances. With that knowledge, the candidate will be able to oversee the management and reporting of the client’s finances.
Assisted by a Financial Analysist, the Associate Director Business Manager partners with the department leads acting as the team’s financial strategist and reporter.
He/she is responsible for the oversite of each account’s forecasting, ensuring that all internal targets are tracked and updated based on current client trends.
- Client-facing lead on all financial client request; pertaining to: Budget Management and Reporting, Accruals, Invoicing, and other adhoc needs.
- Provides clear and reliable analysis of each client’s financial status, goals, and strategic needs.
- Provides clear and reliable long term planning of client finances
- Provides accurate and realistic forecasts; actively manages forecast to ensure targets are met and finance is in the loop with the latest information (PE, billing, etc.)
- Ensures financial control of all client work (estimates, jobs, fees, billing, expense monitoring) throughout the agency team.
- Responsible for regular budget status reporting for client and internal audiences; assesses trends and keeps all applicable parties in the loop.
- Reviews statement of work documentation; accountable for ensuring scope documentation is in place for all work
- Responsible for account investment tracking, reporting, and working the teams to mitigate future investments.
- Needs to provide clear communication around staffing forecasts and allocations as they relate to the revenue phasing.
Team Leadership Responsibilities:
- Partners with department leads to identify and manage true resource needs (internal and external) across the agency team
- Works closely with department leads to navigate conversation around monthly staffing forecasts needs.
- Identifies and helps resolve people/account conflicts with practical solutions
- Partners with Lead Producer in contract management (client, vendor, and inter-company issues)
- Promotes and contributes to Heartbeats culture and environment
- Demonstrates strong, professional work ethic
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.