VP, Head of Retail Media Strategy
- 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY
Publicis Media is one of Publicis Groupe’s four solution hubs, aligning all of Publicis Groupe’s media agencies and operations. Publicis Groupe (Euronext Paris Exchange: FR0000130577; CAC 40 index), is the world’s third largest communications group. The Commerce practice was created as a comprehensive capability, managing the intersection of media and marketplaces. It helps clients understand the shopper needs and journey to identify and drive areas of growth, as well as link media to commerce for investment recommendations and management between brands’ direct-to-consumer sites and e-retailers. Publicis Commerce sits within Publicis Groupe’s end-to-end Commerce solution, bringing together technology infrastructure, media, and creative into a single offering.
This is a senior hire within the US Commerce Practice to align and develop our Commerce Marketing and Retail Partnership capabilities across the Publicis Groupe. This person needs to be a strong individual contributor and charismatic leader who can operate comfortably in a matrixed organization, driving the development of this proposition across a virtual team spanning numerous media agencies.
The ideal candidate will have a rounded expertise in Commerce and Retail Marketing, having worked for a brand, retailer or agency across media & content activation and optimization. They will understand the complexity involved in solving for commerce holistically to drive conversion of the digital shelf and in-store. Experience should also include broader commercial negotiation and joint business planning.
In addition to commerce marketing experience, we are looking for someone who has significant performance media and digital marketing experience optimizing activity to sales. It is critical that this person can place commerce marketing activity in a broader context, talk credibly, and influence clients at the most senior level.
The person that fills this role needs to be positive, energetic, and a shining example of the exceptional talent that exists on our team. This role does not currently have any direct reports but likely will as the team grows.
Trade Marketing Consulting
- Developing and evolving commerce planning methodologies, the data inputs and the delivered outputs.
- An expert in digital shelf tools, including Publicis’s propriety tools and technology, responsible for evaluating existing and new to market partners and collaborates on tools and technology requirements
- In depth understanding of campaign structure and governance for activation across all retail partners (Amazon, WMG, Instacart, Target, etc)
- Reporting, analytics and measurement of the retail space with a specific POV and application of KPIs specific to marketplaces
- Sharing POV responses and timely news/updates/announcements.
- Quarterly reporting on competitive and/or category trends with retailers and partner access.
- Reporting on authoring strategic POVs and presentations on Commerce Trends, leading training events, and commerce summits
- Support in New Business pitches across Publicis Groupe as required
- Author commerce marketing white papers and be seen as a credible, external spokesperson
- Participate in key panel and roundtable discussions on the topic
- Support internal capability development around trade marketing/shopper media budget management and ways of working
- Develop and manage key Publicis partnerships that pertain to retail media
- Familiar with partner tools and technologies (EDGE, Profitero, SImilarWeb, PacVue, Kenshoo, etc)
- Constantly on the lookout for new and innovative partnerships and tools to further our proposition
- 12+ years’ experience managing commerce activity for a brand, retailer or agency
- 5+ years working directly on trade marketing activity across a number of brands (to include FMCG)
- Experience with agency, vendor, and/or cross-functional team management
- Significant ecommerce experience including digital shelf management (ideally within FMCG)
- Proven experience delivering successful projects in complex, matrixed organizations
- Broad digital marketing experience that is not limited to (but should include) performance marketing
- Experience managing Direct to Consumer (DTC) activity is a plus
- Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and can operate autonomously
- Commercial-driven marketer who is highly numerate and not afraid to ask questions
- Relationship-builder who is able to gain trust, support, and respect from others
- Exceptional operator who is able to get things done and manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong communicator who is able to easily explain potentially complex topics
- Strategic thinker who is curious and confident to join in and at times lead the discussion
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.