Media Manager, Video Investment & Activation
- 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Manager, Video Investment is responsible for managing media portfolios of clients, as well as assisting in the creation and execution of media strategies and effectively communicating these strategies to clients. Also critical for this position is the development and management of a team of Video Associates, forging relationships with media partners, and applying these relationships to gain a deeper knowledge of the marketplace.
- Have ownership of account and build strong working relationships with our clients
- Manage and mentor junior team members
- Arrange and run client and team meetings while helping to build cross-agency rapport
- Negotiate total video purchases, inclusive of Linear TV, OTT, OLV, CTV, VOD, Addressable and Data Driven Linear
- Oversee the development and presentation of media POVs for client
- Present tactical and strategic recommendations to clients
- Develop marketplace analyses & stay on top of industry happenings
- Troubleshoot billing and allocation problems and ensure invoices are cleared in a timely manner
- Assist in preparation and presentation of strategy and upfront to client
- Management of daily/monthly/quarterly stewardship of buys across all Video
- Assist in the development of Planning Costs
- 3+ years in the media business, video experience preferred
- At least one year of experience with Linear TV, OTT, OLV, CTV, VOD, Addressable and Data Driven Linear strongly preferred
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Strong negotiating abilities
- Proficient in the use of Media Ocean and experience in Prisma media management tool
- Able to work successfully with teams, handle multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines under pressure
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and math proficiency
- Ability to effectively utilize media research and reporting resources
- Technical proficiency across Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrates professionalism and leadership skills
- Background in finance category a plus, but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.