- 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,300 employees across 12 countries and 24 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com
Account Director - Account Management
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We are always looking to grow and better our business – and the Account Management team is the catalyst for that growth. Our focus is on building the client’s business, the account relationship and the expertise of our team. That means spotting game-changing ideas to grow our client’s business and solve challenges. Selling ideas fearlessly and confidently while keeping things simple, organized and clear – even in the most complex situations – so that we can make great work.
To lead this, we’re looking for a whip smart Account Director who can stun our clients with leadership, creativity, vision and eloquence. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
You’ll spearhead the strategy and development for integrated projects and ensure ever-improving service across multiple clients. Day to day, your role includes:
- Partnering with clients to develop their goals and marketing strategies, adding strategic value and ensuring that they get the best results from the whole agency team
- Displaying powerful presentation skills that invite participation and effect desired outcomes
- Ensuring work is client-ready by paying astute attention to detail
- Leading cross-capability teams to deliver creative thinking and powerful ideas that meet client objectives
- Using analysis to drive decisions (as opposed to taking orders) in a way that yields sustained, measurable results
- Serving as the voice of the client internally and the voice of the agency externally – and acting as the trusted voice of the customer by bringing insights into creative strategy and marketing program development
- Fostering an environment of partnership with other capabilities (e.g., Brand Strategy, Integrated Production)
- Acting as mentor and trusted advisor to team members
- Keeping sustainable, long-term client relationships by mitigating risk and ensuring account profitability
- Partnering with Senior Leadership to set goals and plan for future fiscal year(s), and working closely with Delivery Management and Client Finance on forecasting, billing, and reconciling fee and PT budgets
We’re looking for a talented Account Director with impressive work experience, which typically includes:
- An unwavering passion for marketing, and an unstoppable drive to bring the best work to life
- 4 years of college education and 7-9 years of experience – including 5 years at a creative agency (both client side and digital agency experience desirable); MBA degree preferred
- Strong experience managing client relationships, managing a marketing team and developing marketing strategy
- Superior analytical skills and strategic thinking – you’re strong on both IQ and EQ, as adept at reading data as you are at reading clients
- Effective time-management, impeccable organization and the flexibility to adapt quickly to changes
- Proven project management and performance management skills – you’re known for your ability to coach and develop talent, inspire and drive change, and bring varied groups together to collaborate effectively
- Superb communication and presentation skills – you’re articulate, straightforward and engaging
- Demonstrated budget management and resource planning experience
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.