- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Execute operating system maintenance of development, staging, and production environments under the guidance of the Sr. Systems Engineer.
- Execute application deployments within all environments
- Participate in the technical requirements gathering phases of complex applications to assess hosting environment needs.
- Implement and configure technical infrastructures to support the applications we build under the guidance of the Sr. Systems Engineer
- Assist with configuration and management of log management solution
- Ensure security of the managed virtualized environment
- Monitoring and managing all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- 2 to 5 years of experience maintaining Linux systems and software in virtualized environments
- Experience with automation and management software such as Ansible.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Python
- Experience with monitoring tool like Nagios, Zabbix, New Relic
- Ability to create configuration and process documentation
- Experience deploying applications to common web servers (NGINX, Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat and others).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing crisis situations to resolution, and reporting on cause, action, results, and future mitigation plans
- Experience implementing security controls and configuration management in Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience deploying complex web applications across development, staging, and production environments
- Experience installing, configuring and managing code management systems such as Bitbucket and Git
- Familiarity with automated performance, quality, and security testing tools is a plus
- System and Security certifications such as RHCSA, RHCE, CCT, Security+, CCSP, SSCP, CAP, CISSP a plus
- Familiarity with popular databases a plus
- A Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field is strongly preferred. Equivalent work experience and/or certificate program participation will be considered on an individual basis.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.