2021 Leo Burnett Summer Internship - Core Data & Analytics
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Summer Internship Program:
“You have come to a place which doesn’t tolerate anything but the best. You have come to a place where you can be heard. You have come to a place where you can grow.” – Leo Burnett
As the #1 creative agency in Chicago, and one of the world's top five global agency networks, Leo Burnett creates award-winning advertising for the world's most valuable brands.
The Leo Burnett Internship Program, recognized by Business Insider as one of the top 20 programs in the country, is designed to give bright, curious individuals the best, most realistic internship experience in the advertising industry. Our interns are embraced as contributing employees of the agency, and are expected to deliver on the big campaignable Humankind ideas that the agency is known for worldwide. Participants work alongside the top talent in the industry.
This paid 10-week program runs June 14th - August 20th, and is available to incoming college seniors and recent graduates. Applications will be accepted online through March 31, 2021 and we will notify selected candidates in late April/May.
Program highlights include:
• Lunch & Learns - Gain an understanding of the creative process and the role of each agency discipline.
• Intern Pitch Project – Experience the full life cycle of an agency pitch, and get hands-on skills in collaboration, problem solving, presentation skills, and work process.
• Cultural Gatherings - Join fellow interns and agency staff to enjoy the best Chicago has to offer.
Leo Burnett is seeking a Strategy & Analytics intern to join our team dedicated to creating custom data and analytical solutions for our Clients. We are looking for a candidate with a strong interest in CRM and analytics and its use in solving complex business issues. As an intern within The Core Data & Analytics Practice, you will work in a highly collaborative environment with both Clients and colleagues in Creative, Business Leadership, and Strategy.
The Core is Leo Burnett Group’s integrated data and analytics offering that serves as an insight engine to optimize our award-winning creativity and drive competitive advantage for clients. The Core leverages data and analytics to deliver deep consumer insights that lead to creative communications that are more personalized, more engaging and more effective. It builds predictive models, develops journeys, analyzes search data, and more - all in service of customizing strategy and delivering the right message to the right people at the right time.
As an intern you will learn about areas such as Strategy, Reporting, Measurement, and Analytics. You will be empowered to:
• Plan, execute, and communicate the results of strategic database analyses in support of Client business (e.g., analyze impact of direct communications including social, email, direct mail, and web). Develop measure and testing plans to refresh tactics and optimize results.
• Become a storyteller with our Clients' data, working to uncover deep analytical insights to drive high-impact results.
• Create in-depth strategic analytics that inform our Client's annual marketing plan. Identify solutions to Client problems as well as new opportunities that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the plan.
• Generate promotion response reporting. Supplementing that reporting with database and web analytics using query and reporting tools, collaborating with Creative, Business Leadership, and Strategy.
Education & Experience
• Rising senior or recent college graduate in an analytic-focused or quantitatively focused field (e.g. statistics, engineering, social sciences, economics). Recent college graduates and students pursuing an advanced degree will be considered as well.
• Coursework, internship, or project-related experience in a related field such as CRM, web analytics, social media marketing, campaign analytics and management, and data analysis.
• Experience using data analytic tools, like the following, is preferred:
• SAS, SPSS, SQL, R, Cognos, Advanced Excel, VB
• Adobe Marketing Cloud (e.g. Analytics, Target, Campaign, AEM)
• Other web and social media analytic tools
• Strong quantitative problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.