Associate Director, Content
- 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
As the Human Experience Company, we are a global media agency that believes in the alchemy of people and technology to create experiences people love and actions brands need. It’s in our DNA. We’re powered by the strength of our innovative, driven and intelligent people who are deeply passionate about achieving best-in-class results on behalf of our clients –some of the world’s leading marketers.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
Starcom Content is a unique and specialized team of doers, thinkers and makers inside the larger Starcom media agency. We are powered by people–we have an unwavering passion and vision for combining all forms of content to develop and produce brand-inspired experiences that flow across touchpoints and screens. From digital creation to television and movies, to social, to mobile, gaming, and events, we weave storylines together to create fresh and modern content for consumers and brands.
Working under the direction of and in concert with the Starcom Content VP, Director, the Associate Director for Content & Social Strategy has a twofold role:
1) Content: Leading the conception and production of innovative, culture-forward partnerships across a variety of media
2) Social Strategy: Partnering with Starcom and brand social agencies/teams to lead social strategy and planning for select client brands
The role involves working in close partnership with Starcom strategy and investment teams, clients, media partners (networks, integrated marketing teams, etc.), creative, studios and producers.
Candidate should be: Passionate about how media and creative ideas work together to build results-driven programs for clients. Energized by developing creative content and traditional strategy work. A unique mix of a creative thinker, big idea dreamer, solid/traditional strategic planner, and a detailed-oriented manager. Know how to work well with all kinds of teams and across all levels. Able to think big-picture but also embrace day-to-day project management.
Strategic Entertainment and Content Marketing Development
· Candidate will be responsible for developing entertainment and content marketing programs to deliver upon client’s goals and objectives. This will include idea generation, recommending appropriate partners and media outlets, securing client approval and negotiating deals
· Candidate will interface with the marketplace to grow and develop relationships with key content developers (media partners, studios, producers, etc.) and keep pulse on the changing entertainment, cultural and technology landscape
· Candidate will be expected to identify entertainment and cultural trends and an ability to think originally about the industry in conjunction with our clients’ brands
Social Strategy Development
· Candidate will use their strong knowledge of social media platforms to determine the best way to activate across each of them based on brand goals and messaging
· Candidate will be able to be at the forefront of social innovation and bringing forward “first of its kind” ideas, campaigns and programs
· Candidate will serve as a trusted counsel for the brand team and social creative agencies
· Candidate will work collaboratively with IAT, client side & internal strategy/activation team to integrate idea-led social programs from planning to execution
· Candidate will work with a Content Supervisor/Associate to guide programs from kickoff through post-production and wrap reports, working to ensure all deliverables meet agency and client legal requirements
· Candidate will oversee a variety of projects at one time acting as project leader, with the support of a Content Supervisor/Associate
· Candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment with a diverse group of individuals, client accounts, content developers/partners and as a liaison between buying, planning and the creative content community
· Candidate take a leadership role in helping both the agency and client teams think more about the role of content as a key business driver
·Four-year bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years of relevant custom content or production experience within an advertising agency, production company, promotional agency, network or digital company
· Sophisticated understanding of entertainment, consumer trends and insights
· Sophisticated understanding of social landscape, platforms, and trends
· Superior communication skills, including writing/presenting, creative briefs, service reports and summaries of industry news and/or POVs
· Comfortable working with and around senior clients, agency leads, and senior level pubisher partners
· Developed contacts within the digital and/or entertainment/promotional marketing communities
· Strong client relations skills and ability to strategically think from a client’s perspective
· Experience with working with creative teams and senior management
· Superior organizational skills, ability to lead cross-functional teams and oversee execution of numerous projects at one time; high attention to detail
· Ability to think conceptually and to translate those concepts into actionable plans to drive clients’ businesses forward
· Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
· Positive entrepreneurial approach to finding and securing new opportunities
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.