Senior Data Engineer
- 21 Harris Street, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value.
The Senior data engineer will design and deliver best-in-class advanced data platforms for clients across a range of industry verticals, with a focus on customer and marketing analytics and personalisation. You will lead the design and build of automated data pipelines (ELT/ETL) from ingestion to insight-ready data lakes and customer data platforms for data science consumption. You’ll be working across presales through to delivery, helping translate business challenges into compelling solutions, developing proofs-of-concept, and leading development of innovative solutions.
- 7+ years in a data engineering role with demonstrated experience in data integration and data warehouse projects, focusing on customer and marketing analytics.
- Practical project experience with cloud solutions AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience architecting and building data lakes, data warehouses, data marts, customer data platforms.
- Experience in data integration projects and automation via ETL Tools (i.e. Talend, Informatica, SSIS, etc.).
- Experience in several of the big data tools Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Cassandra and Impala.
- Understanding of data modelling, data lakes, data-driven insights, data quality and governance, data security.
- Hands-on programming experience, languages of Java and Python preferred but others considered.
- Experience with data visualisation using Tableau or Power BI is a plus.
- Ability to produce deliverables of high quality throughout the project by adhering to coding standards, best practices and participating in code reviews.
- GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) aspects of data management.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong query language experience.
- Experience in complex data project delivered using an agile methodology.
- Develop and demonstrate proof of concepts, solutions and recommendations to clients and internal teams, ability to understand and focus on delivery of business value.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to peers and direct reports.
- Contribute to the evolution of automated deployment and continuous integration/continuous and delivery.