Associate Media Director
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Publicis Health Media (PHM) is the market-leading media agency in the health category, providing unmatched health and pharmaceutical expertise, innovation, and buying clout for some of the world’s biggest healthcare brands. The work we do at PHM is shaped by our genuine passion for health and wellness: the imperative to help real patients navigate the most pivotal moments of their healthcare journeys—moments of curiosity, fear and optimism.
As health media specialists, we channel this passion into a dogged pursuit of marketing solutions that help our clients and brands navigate the complexity of the modern healthcare landscape. From deep category expertise to the latest innovations in the industry, our team’s best-in-class health media aptitude allows us to deliver on that promise for our clients.
PHM has its finger on the pulse of the industry—we’re a creator culture with the deep insights to uncover what’s important now and next in media. Our annual HealthFront, the only industry upfront dedicated to health, profiles industry trends and disruptors and helps drive our client’s business results in the dynamic health & wellness marketplace.
Internally, we align around our mission to connect people with life-saving health and wellness solutions every day and we celebrate our connection to one another and the communities around us through our #PHMLove movement.
PHM is part of Publicis Health, the world’s premier health-oriented agency network. A division of Publicis Groupe, Publicis Health manages top-tier agencies specializing in promoting innovative solutions in advertising, digital, branding, message delivery, market access, and medical communications.
The Associate Media Director (AMD) manages client’s day-to-day tactical needs. Develops strong relationships with clients and key stakeholders at partner agencies. Plans, directs & coordinates media programs for clients. Responsible for quality control of media planning and implementation.
· Solid understanding of qualitative and quantitative business information used by clients in their day-to-day activities
· Extensive knowledge of role, strengths and weaknesses of a variety of media channels
· Deep, expert understanding of media buying and planning. Basic knowledge of all other media sub-categories
· Continuously learning technology
· Extensive knowledge of cross channel media tools and response forecasting
· Sees bigger picture of media (how job relates to total organization), understands broad- based, total function marketing concepts and the media marketplace
· Understanding of advanced computer, technical, and analytical concepts
· Ability to exercise more advanced media skills (e.g., posting, project ratings, etc.)
· Advanced applications of math to media concepts
· In-depth understanding of software related to media disciplines
· Expertise in Microsoft Power Point; Excel and Word as well as media software appropriate for position
· Exposure to both online and offline media
· Knows both HCP and DTC media landscape and can speak to either
· Has elevated knowledge set in at least one area or channel to “expert” level
Internal: Operations, Tactics and Strategy
· Communications: Owns and communicates to the extended internal team, the overall client vision and the vision for all marketing programs for client’s business. Communicates strategy and tactical plans effectively. Clear, regular communication regarding client and project goals, prioritization, and measures of success. Consistently leads internal and external discussions in all media topic areas. Active participant in meetings
· Strategy: Lead role in defining client’s media strategy (online and offline). Ensure the brand strategy is adhered to.
· Advances best practices in agency process
· Manages day-to-day media needs, brings recommendations and optimizations to the team
· Responsible for delivering highest quality media planning (& results analysis ) for clients
· Analysis: Transforms research data into actionable customer insights, observations and conclusions
· Plans and executes media plans and provides analysis when necessary
· DH: Search Engine Marketing responsibilities: online media plan recommendations; negotiating with 3rd party sites; implementing buys; working with research tools, rich media, and 3rd party ad-servers
· Financials: Owns the revenue & projections of the brand .Develops, reviews, revises and manages time spent on projects (e.g., SOW’s). Aids in completing monthly staff projections. Understands basic financial metrics of capability (e.g., CM, billability, utilization, etc.)
· Execution: Facilitates the execution of media campaigns. Ensures QA of all client deliverables
· Drives internal team momentum and progress to meet client deadlines
· Focuses on productivity for media recommendations ensuring clients goals are being met (ROI impact)
· Approve all team negotiations before they are shared with the clients. Oversees media planners’ negotiations
· Approves team optimization recommendations
· Gives and receives critical feedback gracefully
· Flexible, adaptable to changing to the needs of the departments and marketplace
· Contribute to new business efforts as needed
· Ability to proactively solve problems and improve processes and efficiencies;
· Inter-department collaboration: Ability to build relationships, lead, and communicate across work groups; Partners with internal departments; Openly reaches out to leverage learnings with all capabilities; Ability to run cross-team meetings;
· Takes initiative and shows accountability for oneself and teams work.
Managing and Leading Others:
· Develops talent, delegates appropriately, and ensures teams are working smoothly.
· Attains solid to high level of: Ability to train and develop self and others; Delivering quality, actionable feedback; Goal and priority setting; Adaptable/flexible management style; High hiring standards.
· Manages, prioritizes and delegates team workload
· Consistent track record of being able to manage difficult people and situations
· Day-to-day leadership of the media team (Coordinators and Planners). Day-to-day leadership of cross-functional teams
· Management skills up, down and peer (be more specific)
· Train and mentor team members on best practices of online media planning/buying (provides expertise, shares knowledge)
· Creates and fosters team motivation, consistent positive attitude that influences others.
· Demonstrated commitment to Company’s recruitment and interviewing efforts . Demonstrated commitment to employee development including onboarding of new employees, training, and/or mentoring
· Seen as strategic, integral to the account
· Communication: Strong public speaking and presentation skills. Ability to write clear, cohesive, client-ready documents. Strong written and verbal interaction with internal teams (marketing, other capabilities, outside vendors). Clear, organized, error-free written communications (decks, briefs, status reports, etc.). Effective listening skills to digest, process and guide strategy and problem resolution. Develops articulate and compelling decks. Energetic, passionate oral presenter in an organized, fact-based way. Clear, organized, error-free written communications (decks, briefs, status reports, etc.)
· Demeanor and relationship: Effective balance of advisory and advocacy skills with clients and team. Builds strong and trusting relationships with mid-level client counterparts. Day-to-day client contact. Partners with clients in a positive, professional and constructive way, establishing solid relationships. Passionate and visible professional to clients, client team and capability. Professional, articulate, mature in all aspects of client relationship building
· Strategy: Understands clients’ business and goals & how they translate into media strategy. Ability to understand and articulate client strategy
· Vendors: Organizes and attends vendor meetings. Well versed in vendor landscape, ensures core technologies are being evaluated and drives agency POVs. Responsible for core negotiations with vendors.
· Represents agency at online advertising/media conferences and trade shows
· Exhibits Integrity and Trust
· Exhibits Self Development
· Adherence to agency procedures (on-time and accurate timesheets, GDPs, 360 feedback)
· Proven ability to lead people (mentoring and developing) and projects
· Experience with SEO and paid search
· Knowledge of ad serving technologies (Atlas and others)
· Knowledge of media tools (@Plan, AdRelevance, Web R/F)
Education and Experience
· 6+ years advertising experience, preferably within media; online media experience preferred
· Pharmaceutical industry a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.