Director, Business Intelligence
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Publicis Health Media (PHM) is the market-leading media agency in the health category, providing unmatched health and pharmaceutical expertise, innovation, and buying clout for some of the world’s biggest healthcare brands. The work we do at PHM is shaped by our genuine passion for health and wellness: the imperative to help real patients navigate the most pivotal moments of their healthcare journeys—moments of curiosity, fear and optimism.
As health media specialists, we channel this passion into a dogged pursuit of marketing solutions that help our clients and brands navigate the complexity of the modern healthcare landscape. From deep category expertise to the latest innovations in the industry, our team’s best-in-class health media aptitude allows us to deliver on that promise for our clients.
PHM has its finger on the pulse of the industry—we’re a creator culture with the deep insights to uncover what’s important now and next in media. Our annual HealthFront, the only industry upfront dedicated to health, profiles industry trends and disruptors and helps drive our client’s business results in the dynamic health & wellness marketplace.
Internally, we align around our mission to connect people with life-saving health and wellness solutions every day and we celebrate our connection to one another and the communities around us through our #PHMLove movement.
PHM is part of Publicis Health, the world’s premier health-oriented agency network. A division of Publicis Groupe, Publicis Health manages top-tier agencies specializing in promoting innovative solutions in advertising, digital, branding, message delivery, market access, and medical communications.
The Director of Business Intelligence (hereafter “BI”) will successfully apply their years of experience in data analysis and strategic consulting as the BI lead on any of our myriad of enterprise clients within the health and wellness industry. Paramount to this success will be the ability to utilize the many data sources at the disposal of the BI team to not only represent the business impact that our media/marketing campaigns have in the marketplace but also the ability to translate these learnings into actionable strategic recommendations for our clients.
While every engagement is unique, typical engagements require execution against the following tasks and deliverables:
· Crafting and maintaining professional relationships with the many members of your client team(s) while being solely responsible for the consistent level of quality in communications and deliverables for the entire team that serves on the client’s behalf
· Work throughout the year with internal (PHM) and external (client team, partner agencies/consulting groups) stakeholders to craft measurement plans/proposals that satisfy all client needs/objectives and address business challenges/opportunities with clearly defined goals and definitions of program success
· With the above, oversee the creation of the business rules and parameters of the engagement as well as participate in conjunction with internal Finance and Operations teams in the scoping process and any necessary requests for proposal from outside vendors/data companies
· As we execute on the behalf of the client, manage the many internal data sources and (where
applicable) third-party vendors/data streams that comprise our custom measurement platform
while keeping work stream on task within the established timelines and delivery dates
· Synthesize the data available into insights/recommendations about the success of our programs in transforming the behavior of our target audience (most likely healthcare professionals, patients/prospects or a combination of the two) while identifying opportunities for program optimization and enhancement
· Utilize the aforementioned insights/recommendations as the foundation for presentations, reports, assorted client deliverables in either a face-to-face setting or via WebEx/teleconference
· Identify areas of opportunity to expand our presence through consultative selling at current clients while periodically participating in the any new business development opportunities as they arise
· Display ability to help grow business organically or through assisting the pitch process for new business acquisition
· Experience working across multiple aspects of the PHM client base including HCP and DTC media, data integration projects, scoping/staffing, contracting for data use and third party partnerships
· Differentiated experience in developing measurement plan frameworks for multiple clients including varied analytics methods (projection methodologies, data matching, etc), KPI evaluation and recommendations
· Experience in managing multiple client engagements/projects concurrently, being able to adjust mindset and frame of thinking quickly to address varied needs of a diverse client pool
· Demonstrated ability to quickly pick up high level concepts and synthesize learning to apply BI thought process and open opportunities to integrate with other BI engagements and areas of the organization
· Exhibits high emotional intelligence as it regards managing stakeholders and different personalities both client and internal
· Depth of understanding of how clients use all aspects of their multi-channel marketing mix in reaching their customers
· Superior skills with the following core competencies:
o Project Management/ Time Management
o Problem Solving Abilities
o Quantitative Skills
o Communication Abilities
o Intellectual Curiosity
· Participate in the recruitment of new additions to the BI Team and management of both the career development and daily workflow of junior team members/resources
· Power-user of business IT software: MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Literacy of business intelligence software such as MicroStrategy, Datorama, etc.
· A willingness to travel as client needs dictate
· While all engagements are unique, travel is normally required 10 to 15% of the time
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree (preferably a BS in a related field) is required; Master’s Degree a strong plus 7 years of work experience in data/analytics consulting and/or quantitative marketing/analysis (healthcare, pharmaceuticals and life sciences experience a plus but not necessarily a requirement)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.