- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
- Employees can work remotely
PHM is the leading health media agency in the US. We are designed for—and dedicated to—delivering best-in-class solutions that connect people with meaningful health and wellness solutions every day. Guided by our genuine passion for health and wellness, our work across the entire media ecosystem helps real patients navigate the most pivotal moments of their healthcare journeys.
At PHM, we sit squarely at the intersection of Publicis Health, the largest Healthcare Communications network in the world, and Publicis Media, the number one buyer of media in the US. This gives us access to talent, technology and data to help us deliver the market-leading solutions that give our clients true competitive advantage.
While we have grown to be the No. 1 agency in our industry, at heart we’re still a startup. It’s that energy and spirit of innovation that allows us to create bold and meaningful “health media firsts” for our clients, and to do it all with #phmlove.
At Publicis Health, we are united around one purpose: to create a world where people are equipped and motivated to take control of their health. We transform healthcare marketing and communications into healthcare engagement. We believe healthcare marketing is healthcare, fostering healthy conversations, healthy behaviors and healthy people.
The Media Director defines team direction and ensures all initiatives are closely tied to clients’ business needs and strategic drivers. The Director provides functional management and leadership to a team of experienced media planners and provides strong cross-functional contribution.
· Expertise in cross channel media tools and response forecasting
· In-depth understanding and application of technical media concepts and principles
· Detailed understanding of the client's business/marketing objectives and how media contributes to the overall business goals of the client
· Strong knowledge of external media marketplace
· Takes a holistic view of the client's account
· Seen as "expert" by the client
· Ability to conceptualize, build, and implement new media systems
Internal: Operations, Tactics and Strategy
· Ultimately responsible for flawless execution
· Communications: Owns and communicates to the extended internal team, the overall client vision and the vision for all marketing programs for client’s business. Proactively partners with internal departments. Clear, concise written skills to effectively communicate story in a compelling fashion. Effective listening skills to react to and resolve issues, and identify opportunities
· Strategy: Lead efforts to define client’s media strategy (online and offline). Provides online and offline marketing expertise to clients. Contributes to strategy development across multiple cross-functional teams at PHCG. Alert to changes in the marketplace and adjusts strategy accordingly. Passionate leader of customer insight in client teams, peer groups and internal meetings
· Analysis: Drives media strategy and analysis, leads media recommendations, and reviews optimizations
· Financials: Owns the revenue & projections of the brand. Leads team in completing monthly staffing and revenue projections
· Execution and Process: Document and secure all contractual agreements and sign-offs with Clients including Addendums, IO term discussions, NDAs, TPAs, and MSAs. Strict adherence to AP processes. Plans and buys media as needed; may include direct account and client service responsibilities. Scopes and defines project parameters based upon campaign objectives
· Best practices: Proactively searches out best practices from around the network to strengthen the team’s delivery. Consistently strives to improve approach, methods and media capability deliverables
· Media’s role in PHCG and Agency: Clearly identifies Media's role within the PHCG marketing process and articulates roles and responsibilities. Increases visibility of media expertise throughout agency; articulates department and PHCG views on customer segmentation, channel strategy, media strategy, tactics and execution
· New business: Sells services of Media capability in new business pitches to prospective clients. Begin to identify and implement ways to grow current client's business.
· Demonstrates ability to work across all channels and multiple accounts
· Forms and maintains effective relationships with team, clients, and vendors
· Approaches brand from holistic media perspective.
· Integrates new technologies into client recommendations
· Recognized by other capabilities as effectively balancing client and PHCG team demands to deliver high-impact work on time, on budget
· Beginning to impact results beyond position and client responsibilities
Managing and Leading Others:
· Provides functional management and leadership to a team of experienced media planners. Provides strong cross-functional contribution. Serves as team leader.
· Manages a team to consistently, successfully deliver execution of complex programs
· Attains high level of: Ability to train and develop self and others; Delivering quality, actionable feedback; Goal and priority setting; Adaptable/flexible management style; High hiring standards.
· Resource Allocation: Successfully manages available staffing resources to project needs. Manages media staff, workflow and department capabilities.
· Training: Demonstrated commitment to employee development including onboarding new employees, training, and mentoring. Train media planners on direct response and brand marketing. Shared learning of insight-driven work. Active participant in available mentorship programs. Develop and deliver on-boarding for new hires. Ability to teach mathematical and media concepts.
· Team Building: Strong team builder with client, media vendors and internal teams. Works cross-functionally.
· Leadership: Actively participates in formal development processes – performance management, goal setting, mid and end of year reviews, etc. Strong leadership and coaching to direct and indirect teams; Providing clear communication on business initiatives and client requests
· Effective listening skills to digest, process and guide strategy and problem resolution
· Takes accountability for one's work as well as the work of the team.
· Demonstrated commitment to Company’s recruitment and interviewing efforts
· Owns the client relationship on assigned brands.
· Works closely with client to identify areas of opportunity for the business.
· Knows when to integrate agency products, such as Connections Planning into client business.
· Builds negotiation strategies based on accountable performance.
· Communication: Drives professional, impactful standards within team for all written and verbal contact with clients
· Demeanor and relationship: Consistently manages client and internal expectations without alienating either party
· Strategy: Deep understanding of client’s business goals and objectives and how media recommendations meet needs
· Vendors: Develop and maintain publisher relationships and partnership development. Point of escalation for vendor communications. Coordinates and works closely with key stakeholders; S&A, Technology, creative etc. to drive best media product.
· Exhibits Integrity and Trust
· Exhibits Self Development
· Adherence to agency procedures (on-time and accurate timesheets, GDPs, 360 feedback)
· Proven ability to lead people (mentoring and developing) and projects
· Thinks creatively
· Ability to anticipate problems before they happen
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.