Data Manager, Business Intelligence
- 100 E Penn Square, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Publicis Health Media (PHM) is the market-leading media agency in the health category, providing unmatched health and pharmaceutical expertise, innovation, and buying clout for some of the world’s biggest healthcare brands. The work we do at PHM is shaped by our genuine passion for health and wellness: the imperative to help real patients navigate the most pivotal moments of their healthcare journeys—moments of curiosity, fear and optimism.
As health media specialists, we channel this passion into a dogged pursuit of marketing solutions that help our clients and brands navigate the complexity of the modern healthcare landscape. From deep category expertise to the latest innovations in the industry, our team’s best-in-class health media aptitude allows us to deliver on that promise for our clients.
PHM has its finger on the pulse of the industry—we’re a creator culture with the deep insights to uncover what’s important now and next in media. Our annual HealthFront, the only industry upfront dedicated to health, profiles industry trends and disruptors and helps drive our client’s business results in the dynamic health & wellness marketplace.
Internally, we align around our mission to connect people with life-saving health and wellness solutions every day and we celebrate our connection to one another and the communities around us through our #PHMLove movement.
PHM is part of Publicis Health, the world’s premier health-oriented agency network. A division of Publicis Groupe, Publicis Health manages top-tier agencies specializing in promoting innovative solutions in advertising, digital, branding, message delivery, market access, and medical communications.
A Data Manager will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and on-going support in building platforms to support growing demands for data-driven solutions. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously, including both enhancements as well as new project development. The candidate must be a self-starter with a sense of urgency and a commitment to quality and professionalism.
Your day to day will include:
· Maintain professional relationships with internal (PHM) and external (client team, partner agencies/consulting groups) stakeholders by communicating effectively and delivering on all data needs
· Analyze business requirements and partner with Business Intelligence (BI) team to provide a strategic solution
· Collaborate with Senior Data Architects / Engineers to assess data management and architecture demands, identify functional requirements to ensure systems are designed, developed, and implemented to solve for business challenges and opportunities in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
· Advanced database administration and development including stored procedures, user defined functions, triggers and ETL packages as well as security and roles
· Optimization and tuning of existing SQL stored procedures to improve performance
· Troubleshoot database issues, identify root causes, and implement optimal solutions
· Extract, transform, and load data from multiple data sources using ETL tools
· Design, Build, Test, Debug, Monitor, and Troubleshoot ETL and software processes
· Recommend solutions to existing or anticipated issues
· Follow implementation standards
· Serve as an escalation point for any issues that may arise
· Develop documentation and transfer of knowledge
This roll will support:
· As we execute on the behalf of the client, manage and ensure the accuracy of the many internal data sources and (where applicable) third-party vendors/data streams that comprise our custom measurement platform while keeping workstreams on task within the established timelines and delivery dates
· The Business Intelligence (BI) team’s ability to synthesize data available into insights/recommendations about the success of our programs in transforming the behavior of our target audience (most likely healthcare professionals, patients/prospects or a combination of the two) while identifying opportunities for program optimization and enhancement
· BI Senior Leadership to utilize the aforementioned insights/recommendations as the foundation for presentations, reports, assorted client deliverables in either a face-to-face setting or via WebEx/teleconference
· Creating novel new product and analytical offerings in coordination with BI and Publicis Health leadership teams
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or its equivalent
· Minimum 3+ years’ experience with ETL and databases
· Expert SQL programming skills
· Familiarity with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure
· Experience with complex processing logic
· Experience with Business Intelligence software
· Excellent data modelling skills and experience working with multiple datasets
· Possession of strong communication and presentation skills as well as an analytical mindset
· Good problem solving and testing skills
· Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
· Familiarly with process documentation such as Jupyter Notebooks
· Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
· Possess a desire to work for a fast-paced, results-based company
· Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
· Experience working with big data technologies such as Hadoop (Hive) and MPP a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.