Associate Media Planner
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
Publicis Health Media (PHM) is the market-leading media agency in the health category, providing unmatched health and pharmaceutical expertise, innovation, and buying clout for some of the world’s biggest healthcare brands. The work we do at PHM is shaped by our genuine passion for health and wellness: the imperative to help real patients navigate the most pivotal moments of their healthcare journeys—moments of curiosity, fear and optimism.
As health media specialists, we channel this passion into a dogged pursuit of marketing solutions that help our clients and brands navigate the complexity of the modern healthcare landscape. From deep category expertise to the latest innovations in the industry, our team’s best-in-class health media aptitude allows us to deliver on that promise for our clients.
PHM has its finger on the pulse of the industry—we’re a creator culture with the deep insights to uncover what’s important now and next in media. Our annual HealthFront, the only industry upfront dedicated to health, profiles industry trends and disruptors and helps drive our client’s business results in the dynamic health & wellness marketplace.
Internally, we align around our mission to connect people with life-saving health and wellness solutions every day and we celebrate our connection to one another and the communities around us through our #PHMLove movement.
PHM is part of Publicis Health, the world’s premier health-oriented agency network. A division of Publicis Groupe, Publicis Health manages top-tier agencies specializing in promoting innovative solutions in advertising, digital, branding, message delivery, market access, and medical communications.
The Associate assists the media department with cross-channel media planning and buying. The Associate actively participates in all necessary training modules and supports the media team with day-to-day tasks and financial maintenance. Responsible for status reporting, traffic sheets, financials, research, planning/buying assistance, and relationship building internally and with outside partners. The goal for the role is to learn and apply basic media principles.
• Knows how the agency works and how jobs flow through the agency
• Has broad but basic knowledge of the brands, category, channels & processes
• Competency in media math, financial terminology, publisher T&Cs
• Gain understanding of online campaign management trafficking/ad serving systems, media technologies including MediaVisor and traffic sheets through taking appropriate trainings and meeting with Power Users and MOTs
• Basic knowledge of media tools: @Plan, Ad Relevance, SDS, Benchtools, ComScore, etc.
• Basic knowledge and assistance in media planning and buying process
• Develop strong financial management skills through actualization, UMB/IRR, and Workflow training
• Seeks to understand the project strategy and gain competitive knowledge. Understands media goals, objectives & strategies for ad campaign.
Internal: Operations, Tactics and Strategy
• Diligently and flawlessly executes on assigned area of project
• Manages weekly media delivery reports
• Core responsibilities include financial management systems:
• Checks Workflow on a weekly basis and reconciles invoices
• Independently completes monthly actualizations, pulls and checks grids, and develops client memos
• Quantifies all negotiated savings by comparing to partner rate cards
• Manages the development and updates to traffic sheets with minimal supervision and error
• Shares interesting learning's/articles relevant to the media team/brands
• Ability to review, understand, and take appropriate actions with UMB/IRR
• Ownership of the organization and appropriate documentation of team binder(s)
• Works with Media Technology on QC of campaigns and ensures appropriate compliance measures met.
• Assists in data and consumer profile gathering
• Assists with flighting, uploading media buys
• Researches media placement options
• Executes media planning & buying
• Manages contract process
• Highly responsive, timely and effective at meeting client requests
• Understands clients’ business
• Detailed, professional and timely communications to internal team, vendor partners, and management of team status report.
• Begins to build rapport with media team members internal clients (cross-capability)
• Liaison between AP and outside media vendors regarding invoicing and financials
• Begins to participate in client/vendor calls – can knowledgably articulate project status to clients
• Begins to build rapport with clients and outside vendors
• Begins to learn basic client/vendor management techniques (how to document client feedback, how to recognize when to pushback, etc.)
• Manages vendor contact list
• Day-to-day resource for media vendors, “go-to person” and escalates vendor difficulties appropriately.
• Vendor communication of project needs
• Exhibits Integrity and Trust
• Exhibits Self Development
• Adherence to agency procedures (on-time and accurate timesheets, GDPs, 360 feedback)
• Consistently keeps team “in the loop” on status of projects verbally and/or in writing
• Solid listening skills and takes notes during meetings, disseminates notes & follow-up as appropriate
• Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
• Proficiency in computer skills used to manage day-to-day workflow (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite)
• Ability to work in a matrix (multi-supervisory) environment; Ability to multi-task, manage one’s time, and demonstrate personal organization and ability to meet deadlines (strong work ethic)
• Ability to take initial direction, then transition to a more independent work style
Education and Experience
• Bachelors degree required. Minimal, if any, industry knowledge is expected.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.