Account Executive (Perm)
- 60 Kingly Street, London, United Kingdom
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate new Account Executive to join our growing health team. The successful candidate will have a passion for healthcare communications and creative advertising; along with an excitement and drive to learn and support the wider team.
Account Executives (AEs) are the foundations of Account Management teams. They are the glue. As an AE you are the person the team looks to to get stuff sorted. To get everyone in the right place at the right time. AE’s know what is going on and are always one step ahead.
A BBH AE exudes passion, excitement and energy. They are hungry to learn from those around them, operating as a sponge, learning everything possible at every interaction. AE’s take on all tasks both big and small with gusto.
The Role - Responsibilities and Capabilities
- Understand the day to day finances on your account and be responsible for keeping project finance trackers & timesheets up to date
- Share key commercial data and business information with your wider team
- Deliver all tasks on the deadline OR flag where this is not possible to line managers in advance
- Begin to demonstrate an understanding of the client and BBH’s commercial landscape
- Demonstrate a strong sense of commercial responsibility - understanding the importance of POs and billing
- Learn to treat client and agency money as if your own
- Support pitch teams with financial administration - helping to track and protect costs
- Represent the Agency in a professional manner at all times, with clients and external partners
- Understand the landscape your client is operating in and the impact that has on their communication strategy as well as understanding their target audience, their relationship with the client’s brand and how this impacts messaging within a campaign
- Articulate the different brand positions for your client’s key competitors
- Constantly consider the small details of each client interaction, to ensure BBH are always striving for a better working environment
- Practice front-foot account management, planning ahead, knowing your timings inside out, knowing the team’s movements and planning around these commitments to ensure smooth project delivery
- Develop strong relationships with all client contacts
- Have excellent attention to detail. Making it your mission to know the clients brand guidelines inside and out, ensuring all presentations are delivered to the correct standard
- Support new business pitch teams with a can-do and proactive attitude
- Passionately care about great creative work. Identifying great work and articulating why
- Demonstrate good creative judgement and voice your opinion within creative conversations, including internal creative reviews
- Understand the difference between idea and execution
- Understand and interpret client feedback, and begin to interrogate and discuss with your internal account team
- Provide inspiration during creative briefings with relevant references
- Support creative presentations, by preparing all the stimulus to build the most compelling creative “sell” meeting for the clients
- Have an understanding of the overall process for production across different channels. Working with AMs and Producers to be able to create project timing and keep these up to date throughout the project
- Read trade publications and keep a finger on the pulse of new exciting work both in and out of category
- Have a clear understanding of what “Power of Difference to Make a Difference” means. Demonstrate clear communication and listening skills
- Ensure all meetings run smoothly, booking rooms, preparing the environment & materials, and confirming attendees and roles in advance
- Manage your workload effectively and efficiently
- Develop relationships internally with key point people in all departments and within your team. Have an infectious can-do attitude, which makes people want to come to you as they know you approach all tasks with a positive attitude.
- Be curious and constantly seeking to learn
- Have outstanding organisational skills, meaning you are always on the front foot with key information to hand
- Ensure all your communications/interactions are clear, concise and action orientated
- Bring all of you to work, your passions, your hobbies, creative pursuits and side hustles
Qualities & Skills
- Preferably at least 6 months experience in an AE role or similar
- A desire for great work
- Clear and concise communication style
- A collaborative working style and infectious energy
- Action oriented
- Highly organised with excellent time management
- Passionate about great creative work and good creative judgement.
- Persuasive presentation skills
- High EQ, understanding how to read people and always thinking of others
- Flexible and adaptable. Taking ever-changing circumstances and project demands in your stride, always the picture of calm and controlled
- Curious, always seeking to learn from those around
Based in the heart of Soho, BBH London is a vibrant hub of creativity, where the Black Sheep was first born.Today we are home to just under 300 BBHers across different specialisms.
There is no "one size fits all" at BBH. We believe in the power of difference to make a difference. If you surprise people, then they’ll sit up. If you speak a different language to everyone else, then they’ll listen. If you craft your message with love and originality, then that message will land harder. If you give people something useful that makes their lives a little bit better, then they’ll thank you. Everything we do is born out of the pursuit of difference. We fill our building with people who are different. We like to work with people who are different.
Our enduring commitment to difference is best embodied by The Black Sheep. It represents our businesses, our culture, and the people who work here.