Director - Data Science
- Candor Techspace, Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value
- We are looking for a Director-Data Science / Senior Data Scientist to join its Data Science practice. The role will be of a trusted advisor to our clients for driving the next generation innovation in applied machine learning and statistical analysis. The person will also be part of the core-team advancing the group’s capabilities into the future.
- As part of the Data Science team, you will be responsible for leading multiple teams that create data enabled solutions that at the core are driven by relevant learning algorithms. In this role you will educate internal and external teams on conceptual models for problem solving in the machine learning realm and help translate goals and objectives into data driven solutions. You will enjoy working with some of the most diverse data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real business results on a regular basis. In addition to leading teams, you will be expected to lead-by-example in ideating, implementing models for our clients.
- The role is critical in helping advance the application of machine learning as a core building block to core market offerings in E-commerce/Retail Vertical. In addition, you will be responsible for directing analysis that informs and improves the effectiveness of the planning, execution and optimization of marketing, supply-chain, inventory etc.
- Research and bring innovations to develop next generation solutions in core functional areas related to digital business transformation(DBT)
- Provide technical thought leadership, coaching and mentorship in the field of data science in working with engineering and other cross functional teams – both internally and externally
- Design and implement high performance and robust analytical models in support of product and project objectives.
- Direct research and evaluation for open source and vendor solutions in the analytics platforms space to guide solutions
- Help establish standards in machine learning and statistical analysis to ensure consistency in quality across projects and teams and identify relevant process efficiencies
- Work with our technology partners (cloud platforms, GPU, IoT) to build end-to-end solutions
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in applying statistical methods in developing data driven solutions preferably in the eCommerce/Retail Domain.
- 15+ years of overall data-centric roles.
- Relentless focus on outcomes enabled by actionable data insights.
- Proven experience in taking models to production at scale – 10s of countries, multiple languages accounting for privacy, governance.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to tell a story using data.
- Expertise in one or more programming languages Python, R, Scala.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects from conception to completion with minimal guidance.
- Proven ability to perform in-depth analysis, compile and interpret results.
- Gender-Neutral Policy
- 18 paid holidays throughout the year for NCR/BLR (22 For Mumbai)
- Generous parental leave and new parent transition program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Employee Assistance Programs to help you in wellness and well being