Associate Director, Local Investment
- 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
Publicis Media is one of Publicis Groupe’s four solution hubs, aligning all of Publicis Groupe’s media agencies and operations. Publicis Groupe (Euronext Paris Exchange: FR0000130577; CAC 40 index), is the world’s third largest communications group.
Publicis Media Exchange (PMX) delivers sustainable, transparent, competitive advantage to Publicis Media clients and agencies. This is done through the consolidated strength of our agencies, deep understanding of our client drivers, leveraging scaled investment, marketplace innovation, strength in partnerships and intelligence.
The role is a leader who has a proven track record of being a driver of thoughtful change in the industry, navigating the landscape and identifying partners who play a role in the evolution of media. An influencer that can set the working style for the group and foster a positive and productive team culture. They demonstrate a strong working knowledge of media across all channels. Oversees the teams strategic online and offline media investments, both video and audio. They have a proven ability in deck writing, budget and channel allocation and are great visual storytellers who can deliver client ready work.
- Successfully build a relationship with your clients. You will interact with the client on a regular basis to understand their needs and help them reach their target market, building a great relationship, and ultimately growing the business for them and your brand agency.
- Collaborate with the Central Exchange Analyst, Negotiator, Specialist, Optimizer and Steward/GDD teams to deliver against client requests in activating investments across local audio and video in select markets within given timelines according to client guidelines and directives.
- Must have experience with data driven TV (addressable, programmatic and connected) and expanded Audio offerings (Streaming and Podcasting) and a strong working knowledge of Digital investment
- Advocate and manage the utilization and reporting for any activations inclusive of VBS (Apex)
- Assist in the IC in the management and development of a team of direct reports that includes Optimizers and Stewards. You will maintain the workload of your team, delegating tasks and responsibilities to ensure the most productive and effective use of each person’s skills, while motivating their interests and challenging their minds.
- Work with your IC Leads to strategize with your team and the client to develop innovative, well-targeted marketing solutions. Encourage your team to think of all the possibilities and come up with alternative media solutions to problems.
- Activate Local TV and Radio plans that connects your client to their consumer. You will be directly overseeing the progress of all projects in bringing these plans to life within their respective channels, responsible for ensuring your team is able to meet deadlines, and, of course, make sure the work being produced is stellar.
- Drive 25% growth of Local Media spend either organically or with New Business wins
- KPI: YOY Spend in total of brand agency
- Work to decrease Level of Effort (LOE) across media buying activation processes by 10% by leveraging automation and best in class policies for activation
- KPI: YOY LOE Analysis
- Drive 20% increased utilization of VBS
- KPI: YOY Spend Differential
- Thought Leadership
- 10+ Years in Local Media Investment (specific knowledge in Television and Radio)
- Strategic and Analytic Thinker
- Experience with various media platforms (HMX, Media Ocean)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PPT
- Strong writing skills
- You have proven thought leadership experience and think quick on your feet. You are proactive and a problem solver.
- You have been working in media planning, buying and management for 6+ years with progressive levels of responsibility.
- You have a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, or communications preferred. If you have an MBA, that is an added bonus.
- You think strategically. You take into account the bigger picture. You analyze everything and think critically when solving problems to come up with unconventional solutions.
- You have lead a team before. You know what it takes to manage a group, and meet tight deadlines, even when a lot of moving parts are involved. Not only can you take care of the day-to-day part of overseeing others, but also good at helping them grow and realize their own potential.
- You build great relationships with clients, vendors, and reps. Have a history strategizing/negotiating to get the job done right and track record of success in media. You understand business and have a knack for sharing complicated ideas in a simple, understandable way.
- You deliver polished presentations and know how to package, merchandise, and sell in concepts and new opportunities. You have led clients through your strategies and POVs.
- You have experience across the macro-video landscape, including OLV, Addressable and VOD.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.