Manager- Paid Search
- 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
As the Human Experience Company, we are a global media agency that believes in the alchemy of people and technology to create experiences people love and actions brands need. It’s in our DNA. We’re powered by the strength of our innovative, driven and intelligent people who are deeply passionate about achieving best-in-class results on behalf of our clients – some of the world’s leading marketers.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
The Paid Search Manager is responsible for building and maintaining an effective and productive relationship with assigned client(s). The Manager will supervise a dedicated team in the creation, optimization, and execution of client search initiatives.
This position requires a “hands-on” manager with astute attention to process and detail, who possesses the ability to apply this detailed knowledge to actionable insights and recommendations.
This position is both strategic and tactical in scope and requires the ability to apply detailed paid search knowledge to actionable insights and recommendations. He/She/They will assist the Associate Media Director and Director in driving strategic paid search expertise within the team as well as helping to develop innovative strategies to meet and exceed client business objectives.
- Direct and manage the daily workflow of all paid search campaigns, including proposal development, campaign activation & maintenance, and post-buy recaps
- Collaborate with direct reports, colleagues, and peers across the organization
- Comfortable with ambiguity and quickly adjusts thinking and actions should the realities of a situation shift
- Drawing on previous experiences, uses a variety of approaches to identify client needs
- Partner with clients to ensure their needs are met and their expectations surpassed
- Understands the complex cause and effect patterns that may underlie issues and/or opportunities and thinks beyond the obvious
- Identify patterns and trends that relate to a particular situation and uses that knowledge to come up with creative solutions
- Performance reporting with insights and optimization recommendations
- Managing search campaign performance against client goals
- Budget and performance projections for testing new search partners or technology
- Provide recommendations for using search to support new client objectives or campaigns
- Monthly client billing audits
- Partner with Associate Director to develop processes for improved work flow within Starcom and between agency partners and vendors
- Maintain stellar relationships with the vendor partners to further advance Starcom as a preferred client partner
- Provide formal training to new team employees
- Optimization recommendations for existing campaigns based on reporting and analysis
- Working to master, identify, and communicate trends in search and in client industries
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, advertising, business, engineering, statistics, economics, sociology, or equivalent
- 3+ years of biddable media management experience with a focus on Search
- 1+ years working with search platforms with hands-on experience managing and optimizing buys
- Experience in applying search to brand-building & direct response initiatives
- Understanding of traditional and interactive media planning elements
- Strong analytics, organizational, and communication skills
- Previous leadership/management experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate to advanced understanding of Excel
- Resourceful, curious, and motivated individual with an ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team setting
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.