Associate Creative Director, Art
- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Heartbeat is the full-service agency for healthcare Challenger Brands. So what? So… Challengers are playing a high-stakes game—they must battle behemoth market leaders, upend ingrained treatment habits, or transform a “me-too” product into “yes-please” product. That means we never take the easy road. We are a crew of optimists and activists who believe that “Never Been Done” doesn’t mean “Don’t Ever Do.”
A culture-first, creative community, Heartbeat’s been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by both Ad Age and MM&M. We take a lot of pride in that. Heartbeaters are thinkers and doers with healthcare roots and an appetite for fresh perspectives. We chase after challenges with ingenuity and guts, always striving for better. So if you want to surround yourself with partners who are insightful, inventive, and courageous—well, you just hit the motherload.
That’s the philosophy, here are the creds: 200 employees between NYC & LA; strategy, creative, media, & technology under a single roof; a pile of awards from the likes of the Mannys, MM&M, OMMA, & Clio, not to mention Agency of the Year nominations galore. And led by a President who dared to be quoted: “We celebrate people who stand up and say, ‘You know what? This is dumb.'” Damn straight.
The Associate Creative Director, Art is responsible for leading the creative work. This leadership role includes assigning teams, inspiring those teams to consistently produce exceptional concepts and final work, and working closely with account management to ensure that our clients are satisfied with the quality of our creative work.
Specifically, the ACD, Art has the following responsibilities:
- Work with the Group Creative Director to address performance, workflow, and quality issues and develop long-range plans for the team.
- Demonstrate to clients that you understand and appreciate their marketing challenges and are responsive to their strategic needs.
- Train new employees on responsibilities and agency procedures, and work with current creative staff to help them achieve professional and personal goals.
- Work with the upper management team to plan and pursue continuing strategic growth of agency billings and participate in new business pitch opportunities.
- Help develop and review creative briefs that provide strategic insight(s) and creative inspiration.
- Inspiring creative teams to produce the best work possible.
- Evaluating concepts, copy and art, at pre-determined points and providing direction prior to review by account management.
- Setting high creative standards that lead to a body of work that creates enthusiastic customers and clients, and is consistently recognized by agency management as on strategy and unique to the healthcare sector.
- Leading the creative efforts on new business assignments, as needed.
- Ensure that creative presentations to the client meet the highest professional standards.
- Manage the workload for assigned book of business to maximize the productivity and quality of work from the creative staff.
- Manage book of business to ensure that the creative team maintains a high percentage of billable hours.
- Help ensure that deadlines and budgets are met.
- 6+ years of agency experience with primarily an Art background
- A proven track record of conceptual creative ability and judgment
- Successful client contact experience and ability to grow business organically
- The ability to work collaboratively with account management
- Excellent presentation skills
- Successful experience in managing creatives
- The availability to travel to meet client and agency needs
- The availability and commitment to work extra hours as needed to ensure client satisfaction
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.