Senior Finance Analyst
- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Heartbeat is the full-service agency for healthcare Challenger Brands. So what? So… Challengers are playing a high-stakes game—they must battle behemoth market leaders, upend ingrained treatment habits, or transform a “me-too” product into “yes-please” product. That means we never take the easy road. We are a crew of optimists and activists who believe that “Never Been Done” doesn’t mean “Don’t Ever Do.”
A culture-first, creative community, Heartbeat’s been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by both Ad Age and MM&M. We take a lot of pride in that. Heartbeaters are thinkers and doers with healthcare roots and an appetite for fresh perspectives. We chase after challenges with ingenuity and guts, always striving for better. So if you want to surround yourself with partners who are insightful, inventive, and courageous—well, you just hit the motherload.
That’s the philosophy, here are the creds: 200 employees between NYC & LA; strategy, creative, media, & technology under a single roof; a pile of awards from the likes of the Mannys, MM&M, OMMA, & Clio, not to mention Agency of the Year nominations galore. And led by a President who dared to be quoted: “We celebrate people who stand up and say, ‘You know what? This is dumb.'” Damn straight.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Finance Analyst (“SFA”) for the Client Finance team at Heartbeat. This role will be the lead for all client/project accounting functions, focusing on revenue recognition, invoicing and labor reporting, for one of our largest clients/books of business. The Senior Analyst will partner effectively with key team members in Business Management, Project Management, and Account Management to ensure information relating to client finance is accurate, reliable, and timely for use in planning, analysis, and decision making. Just as important, the SFA will consistently look to improve upon our finance processes to optimize how we work, ensuring proper controls are maintained. We are looking for a detail-oriented and service-focused individual with 4+ years of relevant experience to be a part of our team.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Partner with client teams and develop relationships with Business Management, Project Management and Account Management to influence productive and accurate client financial management
- Make certain client/project accounting is performed in according with Publicis Groupe Corporate Policies and Procedures (“Janus”), and compliance with Financial Monitoring Controls (“FMC”)
- Ensure month-close is performed accurately, completely, and timely; owning revenue recognition, client invoicing, accounts payables, and accounts receivables for assigned clients
- Support client teams by assisting with the development and tracking of budgets, monthly financial reviews, and presentations, and assessment of all billable and non-billable costs
- Lead client team meetings in management of financial metrics; provide thoughtful recommendations to solve business issues and implement solutions
- Calculate run rates to monitor and manage financial progress against budgets
- Answer questions from key stakeholders including clients, vendors, corporate, and employees
- Create reports for client/agency teams by pulling data from SAP/data warehouse and working in Excel to construct regular, reliable reporting; explain and translate finance reports/documents to client teams
- Learn, master, and improve upon client finance processes such as weekly agency reporting, budget tracker maintenance, client invoicing, client-specific reporting, and monthly close
- Ad hoc requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 4+ years of experience in Finance or Accounting, including familiarity with professional services/labor financials
- Strong Excel competency, including data and pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs, etc.
- Experience with a major ERP tool and data warehouse reporting (Hyperion or SAP tools preferred)
- Understand basic accounting concepts (debits/credits, revenue recognition, reserves/absorptions)
- Problem solver who can identify solutions quickly & think outside the box
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a knack for developing relationships
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment; not afraid to ask questions or even question the status quo
- Positive and collaborative approach
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.