Lead DevOps Engineer
- Turnmill Street, London, United Kingdom
Fancy joining a global organisation who is revolutionizing the digital landscape? Today, as clients across industries are moving from digitally extending their businesses to placing digital at the core, Publicis Sapient has an unprecedented opportunity to help them succeed.
As a consultant in the DevOps Practice, you will work in a fully agile development process and be responsible for hands-on design and implementation of application build & release, deployment and configuration activities. This is an excellent opportunity for an accomplished technologist to challenge and develop their technical and client consulting skills as part of a collaborative, learning driven culture dedicated to raising the bar.
What sort of projects will you be at the heart of?
Or possibly be involved in creating application pipelines for open banking platforms which will allow banking customers to access a much wider range of services through a Facebook-like API gateway designed and developed by Sapient.
Managing continuous development, build and optimization of single end to end extensible frameworks that can holistically deploy Front End, Back End, API and Big Data pipelines for Enterprise scale Banking applications will be your core expertise.
What are we looking for in you?
As a Lead DevOps Engineer at Publicis Sapient you'll find yourself working on a wide range of projects across the financial, retail and FMCG sectors. You'll get to work with the latest technologies, while helping to provide strategic technical advisory and complete software delivery automation solutions to some of the biggest companies in the world during this exciting era of digital transformation.
Do you have the following?
- Extensive and current hands-on experience creating application build pipelines
- Expert level proficiency in Shell Scripting and in one or more of the open source scripting languages Groovy, Go, Python or Bash
- Experience of working with cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Hands on skills and project experience with Automated package delivery tools - one or more of Ansible or Chef
- Strong skills with build management servers such as Jenkins, TeamCity
- Hands on skills and project experience the following application build tools - Npm or Gulp AND Maven or Gradle
- Docker and/or other container technologies knowledge
- Good understanding of PaaS and Container infrastructure, preferably Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of Tomcat and WebSphere application servers and Java containers
- Basic infrastructure knowledge - Operating Systems, VM’s, Containers, Proxy, Nginx
- Strong awareness of the software build cycle
- Passionate about driving our clients to a true modern DevOps culture
- Passion for code quality. A strong understanding of the entire DevOps tool chain from a quality perspective
Nice to have
- Prior experience of Junit and/or Jasmine non-functional, functional and unit test frameworks and tools
- Experience working with Travis and/or Circle CI
- Understanding of application deployment orchestration tools such as UrbanCode deploy
- Strong awareness of security considerations and security tools used to integrate with the build pipeline covering OWASP top 10
What’s in it for you?
An array of benefits awaits you at Publicis Sapient! 25 days paid annual leave, life assurance, dental insurance, income protection, private healthcare for you AND your family (pre-existing conditions included), and a pension is the least we want to provide to you.
The learning opportunities here are endless plus of course the opportunity to be part of a game-changing organisation that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment to know that the world is your oyster when it comes to your career! With free soya lattes and gym fee reimbursement being thrown in, you’ll get to taste the best coffee in town in our opinion.
Flexibility and mobility is required to deliver this role as there may be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients to enable delivery of the first class services, we pride ourselves in.
About Publicis Sapient
Publicis Sapient, the digital business transformation hub of Publicis Groupe, helps clients drive growth and efficiency and evolve the ways they work, in a world where consumer behaviour and technology are catalysing social and commercial change at an unprecedented pace.
With 20k people distributed in across the globe, our expertise spanning technology, data sciences, consulting and creative combined with our culture of innovation enables us to deliver on complex transformation initiatives that accelerate our clients’ businesses through creating the products and services their customers expect.
For more information, visit www.publicissapient.com.