- Bagmane Constellation Business Park, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value
We are looking for a Manager, Data Engineering, who will be responsible for translating client requirements into design, architecting and implementing Cloud & Non Cloud based big data solutions for clients. Your role will be focused on delivering high quality solutions by self-guided adaptable design discussions related to below aspects, The role requires a hands-on technologist with expertise in Big Data solution architecture with excellent programming background in Java / Scala / Python, should have experience in setting up secure big data platform. You are also preferred to have hands-on knowledge on at least one of AWS, GCP, Azure cloud platforms.
- Provide technical direction and hands-on implementation role in the areas of data engineering including data ingestion, data access, modeling, data processing, visualization, design and implementation.
- Lead a team to deliver high quality big data technologies based solutions either on premise or on Cloud. Manage functional & non-functional scope and quality
- Help establish standard data practices like governance and address other non-functional issues like data security, privacy and quality
- Manage and provide technical direction to a data program implementation based on the requirement using agile technologies
- Participate in workshops with clients and align client stakeholders to optimal solutions.
- Consulting, Soft Skills, Thought Leadership, Mentorship etc.
- People ownership, contributing in hiring and capability building
- Overall 8+ years of IT experience with 3+ years in Data related technologies
- 3+ years of experience in Big Data technologies and expertise of 1+years in data related Cloud services (AWS / Azure / GCP) and delivered at least 1 project as an architect.
- Mandatory to have knowledge of Big Data Architecture Patterns and experience in delivery of end to end Big data solutions either on premise or on Cloud.
- Experienced in Hadoop eco-system with one or more distribution like Cloudera and cloud specific distributions and in programming languages like Java/ Scala and good to have Python
- Experienced in one or more big data ingestion tools (Sqoop, Flume, NiFI etc), distributed messaging and ingestion frameworks (Kafka,Pulsar, Pub/Sub etc) and good to know traditional tools like Informatica, Talend etc.
- Experienced in at least one distributed data processing frameworks: like Spark (Core, Streaming , SQL), Storm or Flink etc.
- Should have worked on any of NoSQL and any of Orchestration tools(Oozie , Airflow, Ctr-M or similar).
- Should have good understanding of how to setup Big data cluster security – Authorization/ Authentication, Security for data at rest, data in Transit.
- Should have basic understanding of how to manage and setup Monitoring and alerting for Big data cluster.
- Worked on Performance Tuning, Optimization and Data security and MPP style query engines like Impala , Presto, Athena etc
- Gender Neutral Policy
- 18 paid holidays throughout the year for NCR/BLR (22 For Mumbai)
- Generous parental leave and new parent transition program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Employee Assistance Programs to help you in wellness and well being.