Experience Design Director
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Experience Design Director, Leo Burnett Group & Publicis NA
Come join a Groupe wide studio for Design thinkers, makers and evangelists. In this role you’ll have one hand in active system design, brand design and service design responsibilities with client teams on the ground. You’ll have one hand in pitching new business opportunities to existing clients across agencies. And one hand on growing XD capabilities and community across multiple agencies in North America. (Yes, you’ll need three hands).
- Be an active team member and lead consult for best practices and ways forward in product and systematic design.
- Drive system/journey work and manage design and experience teams
- Build frameworks and decks to organize internal and external thinking
- Provide inspiration and guidance to design teams
- Sketch solutions from scratch for business development
- Review and guide work from creative teams
- Manage scope on existing projects through efficient system design and team direction.
- Create opportunities to expand scope when appropriate
- Work with Client Partners to uncover organic XD opportunities
- Organize XD communities across Agencies
- Manage a monthly XD Roundtable across Agencies
- Spur XD thought leadership from Groupe wide Agencies Leadership
- Establish yourself as a team leader
- Build strong relationships across agency discipline leads
- Manage up to Agency leadership
You have a balance of right and left brain thinking. You are equal parts design and business. You think systematically about how design plays out in the real world.
You have a strong point-of-view and competency in two out of the following four:
- Insights: Behavioral, Cultural and Trends
- Design: Product, Brand, Experience, Interface
- Business: Strategy, Organizational Design, Operations
- Technology: AR, VR, AI,
You are a self-starter. You work well in ambiguity. You can always see a path forward. You ask forgiveness not permission.
You are a great visual communicator. You are a master of Keynote, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Figma, Sketch (pick at least three.)
You are a maker first and foremost. You take active roles to inspire, direct, and depict creative vision.
You like to present and share your point of view. You make pretty decks and you’re proud of the work you produce. You’re comfortable speaking in front of clients, colleagues, and conference audiences.
You are a team player. You know how to navigate team dynamics. You know where to insert XD and where to let the teams roll with their own thinking.
- A firm grasp of the role of Design as a profession and XD as a discipline
- 3+ physical/digital product launches under your belt
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.