- Harris Street 21, Sydney, NSW, Australia
We are a creative solutions company.
We believe that creativity is the most powerful asset in business today. In an increasingly commoditised world, creativity is the greatest competitive advantage for our clients and their brands. Our ability to create fresh, original, disruptive, transformative ideas comes from a deep understanding of human behaviour. It’s what we bring to every business problem. We call it HumanKind™ thinking. It’s not about customers or consumers; we start with people and their behaviour. And we use all our intelligence, design thinking, digital innovation and customer experience capabilities to shape that thinking into behaviour and business-changing solutions.
We never stand still.
We abide by the belief that “constructive dissatisfaction” is the essence of progress. And the key to building better solutions. It’s in our DNA. Leo Burnett was famous for saying "Let's continue to be known as an agency which spends more time trying to improve its theories rather than defend them."
We started life as an advertising agency, but we’ve completely transformed our business. We embrace technology as a critical enabler of creativity, and we’re continuously innovating to build new services and capabilities that help us deliver amazing solutions for our clients.
At Leo Burnett we believe that creativity is the most powerful asset in business today. And it’s through a creative lens that we solve everything. We have a unique opening for a like-minded, ambitious COPYWRITER to join the Leo Burnett network in Sydney.
What we can offer you:
- Work in one of the world’s most progressive and dynamic modern communications businesses
- Opportunity to work with a diverse workforce where we value all the benefits of harnessing differences for our people, our clients and our business.
- A committed Diversity and Inclusion and Belonging strategy driven through our Viva! Women, Égalité and First Peoples RAP (reconciliation action plan) programs
- A creative, fun and rewarding office environment backed up by our Publicis Liberté flexibility approach “working your way, with us!”
- Open environment, where your input and feedback is valued
- Access to employee benefits including –wellness programmes, learning and development opportunities, network events
- Confidential 24 hour support via our employee assistance programme
What you’ll do:
The Copywriter will interpret client and agency marketing briefs to develop new, impactful, cross-channel creative solutions. This role requires innovative, conceptual creative thinking and a thorough understanding of marketing theory.
- Ultimately create award-winning output by ensuring strategic solutions are effective, ideas are original and have wider industry knowledge to ensure best-in-class work
- You will be an established/award winning copywriter
- Thought leading on creative concepts, direction, tone etc, and push back when appropriate to drive the best project output
- Work with minimal supervision and demonstrate an ability to make astute decisions on all issues pursuant to the production and implementation of his or her creative work
- Work closely with our Lead Designers, Producers and Tech leads to bring all cross-channel campaign elements to life
- Comfortably present work and meet with clients of all levels
- Take hands-on responsibility for project delivery and proactively take an interest in quality of care and seeing work through to the final delivery phases – where appropriate commissioning specialists with your producer, such as artists, illustrators and photographers, to work on projects
- Manage projects and work within a budget
- Work as a mentor for junior creative teams, offering support and direction
- A fully integrated role creating concepts across all multi channel campaigns
- Clear hands-on and solution-oriented experience whilst maintaining a positive can-do attitude
- Proven background in integrated campaign work with a compelling team portfolio to support this
- Experience and ability to work with creatives, strategists, technologists, client teams and wider business
- Demonstrated knowledge of the digital landscape and evidence of thought leadership
- Experience working in an agile working environment, and comfortable with a fluid approach to work – easily adapting to change in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding and experience of presenting concepts and proposals to all levels, intelligently adapting approach to suit the needs of the audience you are dealing with
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work fast, work to deadlines and manage time effectively
Please note that unfortunately we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
Leo Burnett, as a part of Publicis Groupe, believes that our people are our greatest asset. Our people are chosen for their personalities, their ethics and professional qualities without any exclusion, preferential treatment or discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate by reason of age, gender, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion or disability or any other difference. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide appropriate assistance for candidates with disabilities or special needs throughout the recruitment process upon request.