Associate Director, Business Management
- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Walk the halls of SSW and you'll find a rather spirited and passionate group of people. It's a stimulating assembly of professionals—writers, managers, strategists, art directors, planners, analysts and developers.
We believe the only way to move people to live healthier, happier lives is to create ideas that move them emotionally. Never powered by reason alone, people – whether they’re consumers, caregivers, doctors or payers – are motivated to take action by emotion. Only when people feel something will they be willing to do something.
For decades, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness has provided consumer and professional marketing, strategic consulting and medical education to pharmaceutical and wellness brands. Today, we're dedicated to continuing that legacy by raising the bar and crafting award- winning work online, on-air, in print and in-office. Going beyond addressing simply the absence of illness, our vision is to inspire a healthier, happier world. Together, we strive to help brands thrive in today’s culture of wellbeing by leveraging the power of Wellness IntelligenceSM.
Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness is looking for an Associate Director, Business Management to join our team in New York.
About the Role:
The Associate Director, Business Management has overall accountability for all aspects of financial and operational deliverables for his/her assigned account(s). As the team’s operational and finance lead, the Associate Director, Business Management serves as a collaborative business partner to team leads, ensuring that a cross-capability approach is applied to all issues related to deliverable quality and fiscal health.
He/she is responsible for the optimization of team staffing structure, ensuring the right skill sets are applied to the work to serve the business requirements, deliverable quality, and financial well-being of the account. This role is also responsible for the career path management of his/her Business Management team.
- Client-facing lead on all financial management issues; responsible for client and internal budget reporting
- Provides accurate and realistic forecasts; actively manages forecast to ensure targets are met and client finance is in the loop with the latest information (scope approvals, billing, etc.)
- Routinely monitors financial performance of accounts to maximize revenue realization and profit margin
- Assumes financial control of all client work (estimates, jobs, fees, billing) throughout the account group
- Reviews all statement of work documentation for the team
- Responsible for account investment planning and management
- Supervises and mentors assigned business managers
- Educates the team on roles and responsibilities
- Identifies people/account conflicts and helps resolve them with practical solutions
- Identifies and proposes career growth plans for assigned staff
- Partners with cross-capability leads to identify and manage true resource needs (internal and external) across the account team
- Plays lead role in core client new-business opportunities
- Demonstrates strong, professional work ethic
- Accountable for contract management (client, vendor, and inter-company issues)
- Well-versed in budget and resource management
- Considered an expert in digital work and understands other mediums well enough to be a strategic problem solver
- Demonstrates the ability to hire and retain highly capable people while fostering diversity and career development
- Able to negotiate conflict, manage differences of opinion, and communicate with difficult client-team members effectively
- Uses excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Promotes and contributes to Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness’s culture and environment
- You have 7-10 years of professional project management and/or operations experience
- You have agency and/or pharmaceutical marketing experience
- You’re have exceptional planning, coordination, management, and communication skills
- You have experience with risk, change and communications management
- You have advanced Microsoft Excel ability
- You’re an effective negotiator and conflict manager
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.