Head of Digital and Social Media
- Beirut, Lebanon, Beirut, Lebanon
We help grow many of the world's most iconic brands at Leo Burnett. We help grow even more of the world's most talented people. You'll find at Leo Burnett an agency built on ideas and dependent upon the people behind them. A culture that doesn't just respect creativity but cherishes it. And a community where the path you choose is your own, the places you can go limitless.
Today, Leo Burnett is one of the most awarded creative networks in the world. We believe creativity has the power to transform human behavior, and we use ours to help our clients' brands discover their "human purpose" and play meaningful, active roles in people's lives.
The Head of Digital & Social Media is in charge of driving integration and innovation within their team and assigned brands. From creating a vision for digital marketing and social media presence to developing online marketing strategies, this leader will be an expert specifically in social-first, digital experiences, and data-led creativity.
Duties of the Head of Digital & SM include:
- Translating a vision for online marketing into a coherent digital marketing and social media strategy.
- Developing and executing integrated online strategies with wider company marketing plans.
- Managing the overall social media engagement – from strategy through to planning and overlooking the execution.
- Collaborating with cross-functional agency teams, from planning, creative, content, digital and wider group services, and products to deliver effective and scalable platforms.
- Using DCO, CRM, PPC, SEO, EDM, also leveraging programmatic and customer-centric creative in social, display, blogs, forums, and beyond to deliver user-centric media experience.
- Understanding analytics and measuring ROI.
- Identifying and overseeing the implementation of 3rd party vendors and technologies to drive effective customer experience.
- Making sure the marketing plan is in alignment with the marketing budget.
- Analyzing marketing plan and performance using KPI’s.
- Managing and implementing rollout planning of all key phases.
- Coaching and mentoring the digital/social media team to support upskilling and long-term growth.
Requirements for the role:
- Significant digital marketing experience and overall marketing experience
- Deep knowledge of the social media landscape across all social platforms’ features, formats, and technology
- Ability to carry out all digital functions
- Ability to consult on the latest social and digital media trends and development
- Experience and in-depth understanding of SEM
- Experience leading a team
- Experience in managing a budget
- 8-10 years of experience in digital and social media
- Digitally savvy and actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities
- Understand popular social networks including formats, design principles, key differentiators, functionality, and user behavior
- Affinity and passion for technology
- Superior communication and writing skills
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Attention to detail
- Appreciative of creative product
- Culturally sensitive
- Level of maturity required
- Must operate well in a matrix and multi-agency environment