Manager, Digital Product Management - Freelance
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,500 employees across 21 countries and 34 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com
Manager, Digital Product Management
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
Paving the way for these amazing projects is our Technology capability, dedicated to transforming the digital marketing landscape. The Technology capability collaborates with other capabilities within Digitas such as Strategy, Creative, Data Science and Media, as well as client business and technology representatives, to bring cutting edge digital products and campaigns to life. We also have strategic partnerships with many of the world’s leading marketing and advertising technology vendors that helps us leverage the best platforms and tools for our clients.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Manager, Digital Product Management – someone who can join a new or existing digital project and drive it forward with documenting stories to shipping code. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
The Digital Product Management practice provides traditional product management and business analysis support (requirements gathering and specification documentation), as well as technology strategy services (e.g. technology assessments and vendor evaluations) to support programs across clients within the agency. These programs range from marketing communication to data engineering to emerging technology. Client-driven digital tasks are increasing in scope and complexity and the need for effective tech leadership and product management skills has never been greater to deliver on those needs.
As Manager, Digital Product Management, you’ll lead product roadmaps for a set of features from inception through implementation on a range of highly dynamic and data-driven digital projects and initiatives within our client portfolio.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Leading requirements gathering through analysis of the project goals and the client's digital ecosystem, background research, and working sessions/interviews with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading the creation, communication and management of requirements or functional specifications documentation. Creating user and process flow diagrams, data models, analysis matrices, interface behavior, back-end business rules or other methods to facilitate understanding and agreement with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participating in client walkthroughs of requirements and/or live demonstrations of working functionality and capturing feedback.
- Supporting the technology lead(s) with auditing and analysis of technologies and vendors under consideration for project solutions.
- Supporting the development team by communicating requirements and functional specifications as well as responding to requests for clarification and deeper analysis.
- Partnering with the QA team by reviewing and providing feedback on test cases, logging and triaging defects as well as keeping documentation up-to-date as discrepancies are identified.
- Supporting DevOps to review and approve finished development work before release into production.
- Supporting the project manager by participating in scope definition, prioritization of requirements, identifying project tasks, estimating time, and including assumptions, risks and dependencies.
- Collaborating with Experience Designers (XD), Art Directors, and Copywriters in the detailed design phase of projects and providing concise accurate feedback to help align with the requirements.
- Supporting the Account Team in managing client stakeholders by providing documentation within agreed timeframes and consolidating open questions/issues for communication with clients.
- Educating others on industry best practices for product management and technology as well as staying current on emerging digital technologies and trends to support your analysis and client discussions.
- Participating in the Digital Product Management practice and Technology capability’s continuous improvement activities by bringing ideas to the table and showcasing work for discussion.
- Managing other Digital Product Manager on the project and/or direct reports through proactive mentoring and timely constructive feedback.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- 5+ years of experience working in a Digital/Technical Product Manager or Product Owner role.
- 5+ years of experience working on technology based projects.
- 2+ years of experience working for a digital agency or consultancy.
- Agile methodology training and/or experience required.
- Project management training and/or experience preferred.
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Business or Technology related discipline required.
- An ambitious approach to learning on the job as well as completing formal training to develop your skill set.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to support interaction with a variety of team members at different seniority levels and varying degrees of technical understanding.
- Experience working directly with senior level clients to gain trust and establish rapport for product management work required.
- Excellent technical documenting skills particularly with using Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio (or like diagramming tool) and cloud based collaboration tools.
- Experience using Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence) required.
- Extensive knowledge of digital technology such as: content management systems (CMS), customer relationship management (CRM) systems, e-commerce, systems integration, website analytics, marketing automation, native apps, social media, programmatic and predictive media.
- Extensive knowledge of website and software development process: discovery, design, build, test/QA, deployment, measurement, and optimization.
- Experience working on large complex projects with multiple teams, timelines, and dependencies required.
- Experience working with remote teams in different time zones required.
- Flexibility to travel as needed required.
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you!
Gigs are short-term projects at companies within Publicis Groupe, and you are encouraged to apply if you have time and/or are looking to take on extra work. You know how you balance your time better than anyone else, so we ask that you consider your current workload and allocations when taking on a gig. If a gig catches your eye, fuels your passion, or just feels like a way to pitch in, and if you think you can take it on, we encourage you to apply.
Gigs are not full-time role changes, you remain in your current role and get to work on the gig for the designated amount of time. Gigs offer the opportunity to reframe your skills and experience to work on a new variety of projects.