- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
As the Human Experience Company, we are a global media agency that believes in the alchemy of people and technology to create experiences people love and actions brands need. It’s in our DNA. We’re powered by the strength of our innovative, driven and intelligent people who are deeply passionate about achieving best-in-class results on behalf of our clients –some of the world’s leading marketers.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
Ready to be at the forefront of media and work with the agency that is leading the way? If so, this opportunity is for you! We’ve designed an 8-week Associate-level focused training program where you’ll take a deep-dive into programmatic, paid social, search, and commerce trading before joining our client teams full-time.
With two available course tracks (programmatic/social and search/commerce), this is an amazing opportunity for individuals with an interest in analytics, bidding platforms, and media trading.
Our training program kicks off on December 7th, and is available for our Detroit and Chicago locations.
Once the 8 week training is completed, Media Associates support the creation, management, and stewardship of Starcom Worldwide client media plans and investments. The Media Associate role is a great place to begin your career in the continuously evolving world of advertising. At Starcom, we provide you extensive training and development opportunities when you join our team.
No matter where you start as a Media Associate, you will have the opportunity to rotate and gain different experiences in the role over time. Here are some of the key things that you may focus on as a Media Associate:
- Learn about your client’s business, including the industry, category, and your client’s competitors
- Collaborate with internal colleagues and external sales professionals
- Develop relationships with both client contacts and external vendors
- Develop a solid understanding of consumer and industry insights to analyze competitors
- Inform and influence when and where a client’s advertising dollars should be spent
- Learn how to make educated placement recommendations using media statistics and basic media math calculations (all taught in our training programs)
- Develop analytical and negotiation skills
- Monitor budgets, reporting, and purchases to ensure all ads run as orderered
All your informa
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Applied Mathematics or Consumer Insights
- You have demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills but you’ll embrace a role that requires a mix of art and science.
- Top-notch communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience developing and presenting your thoughts and ideas
- You think critically, analyze everything and look for unconventional solutions to problems
- You like to speak up with new ideas and challenge the status quo
- You are detail oriented and have exceptional organizational skills
- You thrive on a team, can meet tight deadlines and are comfortable juggling multiple priorities
- You enjoy managing projects and/or processes
- You enjoying learning and are willing to lean into new opportunities
- You are highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- You can back up all of the above with detailed examples and stories!
- You must have the permanent, unrestricted right to work in the US
tion will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.