Supervisor, Investment (Video)
- 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
- Employees can work remotely
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Supervisor, Video Investment is responsible for managing the tactical investment of video spend across all screens including partner selection, negotiations, and plan development. Also critical for this position is the development and management of an Associate, including working alongside said Associate to accomplish/oversee day-to-day operations. Forging relationships with media partners and applying these relationships to gain a deeper knowledge of the marketplace and strong collaboration is also required.
- Ability to take ownership of the account and build strong working relationships with the client
- Ability to manage and mentor 1-2+ team members
- Arrange and facilitate client and team meetings and help build cross-agency rapport
- Negotiate total video purchases, inclusive of digital OLV
- Oversee the development and presentation of media POVs for the client
- Develop and present marketplace analyses
- Troubleshoot billing and allocation problems with the Associate(s)
- Assist in research projects pertinent to the client
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of Upfront approach/buy details to the client
- Manage daily/monthly/quarterly stewardship of buys, including optimizations, with the Associate(s)
- Assist in Upfront and scatter negotiations
- Assist in the development of Upfront and scatter planning costs and roll-ups
- 3+ years in the media business; experience with video for young audiences is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Strong negotiating abilities
- Solid experience in video buying systems
- Cross-platform video investment strategy and execution
- Able to work successfully with teams, handle multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines under pressure
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and math proficiency
- Ability to effectively utilize media research and reporting resources
- Technical proficiency across Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrates professionalism and leadership skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.