Media Director, Commerce
- 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Media Director, Commerce is responsible for driving strategy for all things related to Retail Commerce, ensuring the program meets client objectives and helps grow their online business. The Associate Director will partner with clients to address the CPG Retail Commerce landscape and will work with client stakeholders and agency shopper teams to develop strategy and plans to execute media most effectively across Retail Commerce including Amazon (Search and Display), Instacart, Shipt, etc. as well as omni-channel Retail Media platforms, including, Kroger, Walmart, Target, and retail networks such as Criteo and Quotient. The Commerce Director is accountable for working with the team to ensure performance is hitting stated revenue, sales, and online goals. Proven excellence and experience in online retail digital media required. A background in Shopper Marketing and in-depth knowledge of the Retailer landscape is vital.
Role Objectives/Commerce Strategy:
- Responsible for gathering the research and data needed to formulate strategic plans that will grow client business
- Key lead for client conversations, acts as bridge between media and shopper team/agency for streamlining omni-channel strategies with key retail partners
- Responsible for presenting strategic recommendations, soliciting feedback and ensuring team is able to execute on strategy to effectively hit goals
- Reports to VP Commerce Practice lead, but acts as key day-to-day account lead over team
- Actively contribute to account strategy, including annual budget development, KPIs, partner selection, new tactics, and tracking industry developments.
- Develop skills by participating in ongoing training, workshops, etc.
- Support in any new business pitches and related work as required
- Mastery of all relevant tools for reporting, analytics and competitive analysis
- Lead client relationship with day to day contact and partner agencies (where applicable) by ensuring a seamless communication process
- Responsible for timely response to daily communication regarding campaign level inquiries (client, vendors, internal
- Maintain professional, productive rapport with sales representatives/media vendors
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in Retailer Media, Retail Commerce Media, or Shopper Marketing
- Strong command of commerce platforms, syndicated research tools, and reporting resources such as WMG, KPM, Roundel, and Amazon
- Knowledge of omni-channel Retail Media platforms, including, Kroger, Walmart, Target, and retail networks such as Criteo and Quotient
- Experience in applying search marketing to brand-building and direct response initiatives
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams
- Technically strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and math proficiency
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, with polished presentations skills a must
- Ability to work successfully with teams on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Desire to work in an industry which is constantly evolving and presenting new and unique challenges
- Ability to sell ideas clearly and deliver value
- Self-driven to meet and exceed revenue and goals for our clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint as well as other equivalent programs and as appropriate specific industry tools and technology
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.