Paid Search Manager
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Paid Search Manager is the day-to-day steward of search media for assigned brands and leads campaign development, activation, and innovation. The Manager is expected to apply search mastery to deliver against client goals. They will work closely with the Director in the development and communication of all search strategy while owning tactical execution. In addition, the Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of direct reports, including both project management to ensure timely delivery of tasks and career coaching and development.
• Provide direction to Analyst(s) to conduct and analyze keyword and audience research necessary to build a new campaign
• Gather the research and data needed to formulate tactical plan development and recommendation for client delivery
• Provide direction to Analyst(s) for purposes of campaign structure and keyword/ad copy development
• Responsible for final QA before delivery to client
• Present recommendations, solicit feedback, and direct Analyst(s) to apply client feedback to keyword and copy proposal
• Actively contribute to account strategy, including annual budget development, KPIs, partner selection, new tactics, and tracking industry developments
• Ultimate oversight for all day to day budget and billing activity (pacing, Prisma management, draft billing, accuracy of budgets vs. strategy flowcharts)
• Review paperwork necessary for purchase authorization and ensure vendor counter signature is received
• QA all campaign components prior to launch
• Oversee Search Analyst’s management of campaign budgets, pacing, and bid adjustments
• Recommend campaign adjustments based on performance trends
• Responsible for client communication of performance and competitive landscape
• Campaign report and developing strategic insights with clear actionable items
• Build clear, concise, and cohesive quantitative analyses inclusive of strong data visualization
• Lead client status and reporting calls, including presentation of reporting
• Primary contact for resolving billing discrepancies in partnership with client strategy and billing reconciliation team
• Serve as lead for training of new Analysts and be a resource for ad hoc questions
• Lead client relationship with day to day contact and partner agencies (where applicable) by ensuring a seamless communication process
• Timely response to daily communication regarding campaign level inquiries (client, vendors, internal)
• Maintain professional, productive rapport with sales representatives/media vendors
• Demonstrate creativity and agility when problem solving prior to elevation to the Associate Director
• Partner with Associate Director to ensure upcoming deliverables are being proactively addressed
• Pull data and research components needed for new business pitches
• Contribute to the development of slides for use in new business pitches and agency level POVs on industry happenings
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3+ years of paid search marketing experience
• Demonstrated expertise in core MS Excel functions (vlookup, pivot tables, data visualization)
• Mastery of search platforms
• Mastery of all relevant tools for reporting, analytics, and competitive analysis
• Proven leadership ability and experience managing direct reports
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Presentation skills are a must
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Excellent project management and organization skills
• Ability to work successfully with teams on multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Demonstrates initiative/”hunger”
• Collaborative approach/attitude
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.