VP, Group Account Director
- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Walk the halls of SSW and you'll find a rather spirited and passionate group of people. It's a stimulating assembly of professionals—writers, managers, strategists, art directors, planners, analysts and developers.
We believe the only way to move people to live healthier, happier lives is to create ideas that move them emotionally. Never powered by reason alone, people – whether they’re consumers, caregivers, doctors or payers – are motivated to take action by emotion. Only when people feel something will they be willing to do something.
For decades, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness has provided consumer and professional marketing, strategic consulting and medical education to pharmaceutical and wellness brands. Today, we're dedicated to continuing that legacy by raising the bar and crafting award- winning work online, on-air, in print and in-office. Going beyond addressing simply the absence of illness, our vision is to inspire a healthier, happier world. Together, we strive to help brands thrive in today’s culture of wellbeing by leveraging the power of Wellness IntelligenceSM.
- Drives the process and details, and leads tactical plans. Forecasts budgets.
- Finances: Develops and administers clients’ budgets based on accurate estimating and tracking of hours, out-of-pocket expenses, and reconciliation against estimates. Raises client awareness as to when changes in client direction affect estimates. Thorough knowledge of contract and its implications.
- Sound decision making regarding hours dedicated to jobs, what to prioritize. Thorough knowledge of all basic financial tools necessary to account management
- Trouble shoot: Solution oriented. Knows when things might get off track in agency operations. Uses experience and judgment to proactively solve for potential problems before they get too big. Ability to solve client issues, independently moderate conflicts and influence management decisions
- Team Leadership: Takes on wider, formal and informal leadership responsibilities within the agency
- Management: team leader, provides clear and fair direction & feedback to junior account staff
- Deep, expert understanding of the audience and at least two channels. Basic knowledge of at least one other category, and another audience
- Continuously learning technology
- Demonstrates and applies extensive and expert knowledge of assigned brands
- Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of advice for therapeutic area
- Ensures team adherence to agency process. Identifies issues and leads problem resolution
- Vision: Develops communication objectives & strategies (e.g. marketing/ brand platform briefs). Has the ability to see the big picture and identify the key/broad issues while still driving the process and details
- Planning: High-level analysis of category, research, competitive data. Analyzes and extracts findings/issues from all available marketing data. Active in strategic development.
- Demonstrates passion for the brand
Tactics and Execution
- Develops marketing/ brand platform briefs. Owns the agency process. Shows resourcefulness and thoroughness in developing tactical plans, including budgets and timelines.
- Production: Supervises and effectively manages the production of client-approved marketing tools
- Creative: Collaborates on creative brief development
- Assumes responsibility for the writing and preparation of marketing communications plans and proposals
- Communication: communicate key Client issues/ initiatives to team accurately and in timely manner
- Demonstrates the ability to think creatively and strategically
- PHCG Offerings: Basic knowledge of PHCG businesses, offerings, and tools
- Builds trusting relationships with client counterparts. Is seen as strategic, integral to the account, and offering added value.
- Relationship: Frequent, positive client contact with key clients
- Brand Champion: Ensures everyone focused on brand strategy and positioning: client, account team, and other internal departments
- Agency Champion: Understands, communicates and advocates the agency POV (point-of-view).
- Presentations: Ensures client is kept apprised of all account activity: this includes ultimate responsibility for ensuring that appropriate written reports are delivered accurately and quickly. Presents complex data or messages in clear, succinct, compelling manner to clients
- Lead role in ensuring timely, accurate client documentation & correspondence
- Exhibits Integrity and Trust
- Exhibits Self Development
- Bachelors degree
- MBA, Masters in Marketing or related discipline preferred
- Experience in healthcare communications environment preferred
- 7+ years experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.