Paid Search Manager
- Wood Ln, London W12, UK
Performics are an industry leading performance marketing agency. We are part of the Publicis Groupe and operate as the performance marketing arm for Publicis Media's global brands (Starcom, Zenith, Spark Foundry) as well as for our direct clients. We have offices in 57 countries with over 3,400 employees worldwide. Twitter: @performics
Who are Performics?
You’re looking for the next step in your career so it’s important to be sure that the next agency you join is a good match for you. We’re here to tell you that if you’re an ambitious, driven person with a passion for performance marketing, that agency is Performics. And here’s why.
We’ve got great clients
You can’t be a great Performance Marketing agency without great clients that work in partnership with you to deliver fantastic, innovative campaigns that drive results. We’re lucky enough to work with some of the world’s biggest brands
We’re award winning
Our work has been recognized by our industry peers as being market leading, reflected in our numerous successes at the UK and European search awards and the Performance marketing awards.
We’re nice people
We have one of the biggest teams in the UK. Having so many specialists in one place means it’s a great place to learn from your peers and everyone is keen to share their knowledge. Plus, with hobbies ranging from Parkour to Pub quizzes, we’re full of interesting characters!
We help our people flourish
Clients want to work with happy and motivated people. We're constantly striving to create a winning culture and we're delighted that 91% of our people would recommend us as a great place to work.
The Paid Search Account Manager will be responsible for the management of two Paid Search executives and together they will ensure faultless execution of campaigns to ensure performance meets or exceeds targets. The role will require the management of one of our agency’s most important e-commerce clients: HP.
The Paid Search Account Manager will deliver on four key objectives:
1. Best In Class PPC
Demonstrate thorough technical knowledge across all Paid Search platforms, drive innovation and constantly refines strategic approach by executing test & learns, pitching and executing activity on new platforms, running tests, securing agency or category firsts.
2. Deliver Outstanding Performance
Ensure high standard of Paid Search campaigns, service levels and campaign effectiveness. Successfully manage workload across channels, implement techniques to appropriately prioritize and distribute workload and responsibilities across the team to meet deadlines.
3. Operational Efficiency
Embrace technology, processes and systems to streamline, scale and automate campaign activation and reporting processes in order to maximize performance, accuracy and insight.
4. Develop Direct Reports
Accountable for the learning and development of an implementation junior team. Provides on the job training, constructs compelling development plans and sets stretching goals to grow their expertise motivate performance.
- Drive the client’s strategy and innovation roadmap
- Ensure that the day to day campaign planning is in line with wider client business goals
- Proactively recommend new channels and tactics to generate sales on the client’s website
- Provide support for your two direct reports as well as opportunities for development and learning
- Implement and develop efficient standard processes across the team to streamline tasks
- Proposes a timely solution/way forward to issues, problems and situations
- Champion best practice and produce at least one case study worthy piece of work per quarter
- Execute at least one significant test & learn per quarter, with the aim of feeding into the holistic learning agenda on the account and continuously improving performance
- Disseminate key platform updates to the rest of the team and agency
- Cascade budget updates, key learnings and client briefs to local Performics agencies
- Ensure client and agency targets are achieved and effectively grow e-commerce revenue YoY
We are looking for a proactive Search Manager, to lead the day-today client optimisation of the account. The dynamic and fast-paced nature of Paid Search demands passionate creative and numerical individuals in order to drive results on our national and global client portfolios.
The ideal manager will have a passion for the digital industry and technology. They will have a strong understanding of consumer behavior, be highly proficient in using paid search and analytics technologies. The individual will have immaculate client-servicing skills. They will be a team player who is organized, timely and efficient. Moreover, the manager will be effective in running a team and be sensitive to the developmental needs of their staff. They will be effective in generating career development plans and managing workflow systems, delegating tasks accordingly.
- Strong experience in Paid Search (c. 3 yrs. Experience minimum)
- Experience planning, managing and activating large-scale search and shopping campaigns
- Technical profile, with advanced knowledge of Google Ads, Bing and 3rd party tools such DS360
- Google Search Ads and Google Shopping Ads certification
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the principles of common attribution models
- Strong leadership, communication skills and ability to engage with client and agency stakeholders
- Be solution driven and innovative with how they drive performance for their accounts
- Proven client management experience
- Strong evidence of delegation
Will Ideally Have
- Strong project management skills
- Experience working with local teams
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Knowledge of other channels so they can have full understanding of digital – Paid Social, Programmatic, Remarketing, Video
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive attitude to tasks
- A team-player
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive in developing knowledge of digital industry
- Strong communication skills