Strategy Director - the community
- 79 Walker St, New York, NY 10013, USA
- Employees can work remotely
AdAge's Best Multicultural Agency for 2020! We’re a global agency made of diverse backgrounds, with one unifying mission: to create culturally-potent ideas for a multi-everything world.
The Community started with one goal in mind: creating a different type of company, that creates a different type of advertising. Never abiding by traditional definitions of how an agency works, we’ve never been traditional in our approach to ideas, brands, culture, nor the kind of people who join our community. We are not a multicultural agency. We’re a global agency made of diverse backgrounds, with one unifying mission: to create culturally-potent ideas for a multi-everything world.
the community is seeking a research savvy Strategy Director looking to make their mark on global brand campaigns. This role will start Remotely with the opportunity to eventually be located in one of our US office (NY, SF, Miami). We are seeking a well-rounded strategist with the ability to lean in on a variety of culturally driven initiatives.
As a key team member within the strategy department, you will be a strategic critical thinker who is highly informed and curious about consumer’s behaviors, needs, wants, and expectations from our client’s brands. To be successful in this role, you must possess a hunger for research including a deep understanding of research methodologies both quantitative and qualitative. You should have a good understanding of both general market and multicultural In addition to working on US General Market and Global campaigns, this Strategy Director will be leading the research and strategic direction for brands that want to better connect with the black community. This is an opportunity to truly make momentous impact on the work.
In addition to current client work, this role will have opportunities to work on new business and unlimited possibilities to expand the work that come to our team. In addition to our work within our agency, we also have the pleasure of being part of the larger team that is Publicis Groupe. This gives us the chance to partner with other agencies and give our talent the chance to grow and reach even beyond our own agency’s doors.
· Lead internal teams, inter-agency teams and clients in strategic thinking
· Provide strategic input & insights in the development of briefs, decks, POVs
· Spearhead primary research (act as agency liaison with outside research vendors; assist on agency-led research initiatives – e.g., man-on-the-streets; lead where appropriate)
· Provide cultural POV and expertise on Black culture and audiences
· Lead secondary research support (gather, analyze, distill, and summarize)
· Provide data analysis (mine insights from media resources, such as Simmons and other quant-based studies, and find insights/patterns)
· Report on cultural/societal trends that are relevant to accounts you work on and to the entire department and agency, where appropriate
· Direct clients on how those cultural trends could apply to their brands
· Provide client cultural analysis on how their brand stacks up against a strong diversity evaluation
· Lead internal cross team communication and collaboration with our Creative, Account, and Connection Strategy teams
· Mentor and direct junior team members
Abilities to Succeed in this Position:
· 10+ years of experience in Strategy positions
· Experience in a fast-paced environment
· Advertising, Media, Marketing, or Research Agency experience a strong plus
· Research is your go-to first step in Strategy
· Client-facing experience and confidence presenting to any room
· Seasoned experience working across multicultural audience, including engaging Black communities; experience with US Hispanic audiences is a plus
· Expert knowledge of conducting research and analysis
· Possess a proactive initiative mindset and ability to handle projects independently
· Comfortable with managing the day-to-day or a fast-paced piece of business and multiple projects at once
· Experience with MS Office, Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Docs or similar programs
· Experience with Simmons or similar tools
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Native oral and written communication skills in English is required, Spanish language skills is a plus
· Bachelor’s degree requested
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, la comunidad Corporation (dba "The Community" and a wholly owned subsidiary of Publicis Sapient) is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at +1-305-865-9600.