Data Scientist, Data Science & Analytics
- 530 E Montecito St, Santa Barbara, CA 93103, USA
- Employees can work remotely
With over 20 years of experience, CJ Affiliate is the most trusted and established name in affiliate marketing. As a performance-based marketing channel, we help advertisers acquire new customers and increase sales to current customers, while facilitating compensation to publishers for every action they drive. We reach billions of consumers by creating fair, transparent, and successful partnerships between advertisers and publishers.
We take just as much pride in our innovative technology and comprehensive data as we do in the expertise and dedication of our people. Our collaborative teams are equipped with advanced tools, training, and career development opportunities in order to provide our clients with cutting edge solutions, strategies, and support that drive meaningful results.
Under Publicis Groupe’s solution hub Publicis Media, CJ Affiliate has the resources and commitment to offer a truly customer-centric approach to affiliate marketing across our 14 offices worldwide. Above all else, our greatest asset has always been our people, and we are honored that that some of the best and brightest in the industry choose to call us home. We hope you will, too.
CJ's Data Scientist is on the Data Science team and works closely with Client Development, Product Management, and other internal teams to solve business problems. The Data Scientist consults with clients and internal teams to define, design, and support the implementation of data solutions to solve those business problems. A strong candidate will have a passion for deriving actionable insight from complex data, working directly with stakeholders to define business problems, and developing informative and interactive data visualizations. An excellent candidate will combine this passion with an understanding of marketing channels and how to evaluate their performance.
Do these things interest you? You will:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to find the root of a problem and develop well defined data problems
- Develop new data solutions and insights via an end to end process from problem definition, data acquisition, data processing/cleaning, analytics/insights, deliverable development, and quality control (QA/QC)
- Acquire data from a variety of different data sources utilizing Spark, Python, SQL, R, or similar
- Appropriately account for the timeliness, quality and accuracy of all assignments
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Present technical solutions to internal stakeholders in a formal setting, effectively communicating key concepts and functionalities
- Effectively manage client expectations via direct and frequent communication with high quality results
- Develop front end deliverable solutions for stakeholders utilizing BI tools such as Tableau, Cognos, Excel, or similar
- Gain mastery over business problems, and proactively suggest new analyses and approaches
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., data science, statistics, economics, mathematics) or significant relevant coursework/experience
- 2-4 years’ professional experience with data analysis and business intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to improve performance by deriving actionable insight from complex datasets
- Experience using SQL on large datasets (or related environments like SAS, Spark, Hadoop, Python, etc.)
- Strong technical skills and analytic thought process with excellent attention to detail
- Experience creating functional and clean data visualizations
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products; including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivator and collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in Statistics, Economics or other quantitative discipline
- Ability to program in newer and emerging languages; working knowledge of Spark/Python and other big data technologies
Why CJ Affiliate?
CJ Affiliate is the leader in Affiliate Marketing. We take pride in our innovative technology, comprehensive data solutions and our people. We equip our teams with advanced tools, training and career development opportunities all to provide cutting edge solutions, strategies and support to deliver high quality results for our clients. We work in an energetic, results-oriented, collaborative, team environment that recognizes exceptional performance. As we evolve and grow as a business, so do you.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.