- Wood Ln, London W12, UK
Publicis Groupe, known for its world-renowned creativity, best in class technology, digital and consulting expertise, is the world’s third largest communications group in the world. With more than 80,000 people in over 100 countries, the Groupe has four Solution hubs: Creative with Publicis Communications, Media with Publicis Media, Digital business transformation with Publicis.Sapient, and Health & Wellbeing with Publicis Health.
Since 2014 and the acquisition of Sapient, Publicis Groupe has undergone a profound transformation by scaling a new model connecting data, creativity and technology. We have continued on that journey with the 2019 acquisition of Epsilon to further scale our data led offering and provide true momentum to our clients own transformation.
This model, with a country led approach, is called the “Power of One” and gathers all the capabilities of the Groupe under one roof, putting clients at the core of the organisation.
It breaks down the silos between Publicis Communications, Publicis Media, Publicis.Sapient, and Publicis Health making them work seamlessly and efficiently to help clients transform marketing and business at scale.
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe, alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is powered by its four global brands, Starcom, Zenith, Mediavest|Spark and Optimedia|Blue 449, and supported by its digital-first, data-driven Global Practices which together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 13,500 employees worldwide.
This role of the Manager will be to lead Disney’s Digital and Print media activity planning and overseeing a campaign from brief to activation and review. Responsibilities will include:
- Establish yourself as the key go to Digital / Print contact for the Disney clients and Senior Planning leads
- Ensure delivery of best practice planning and buying product. As Manager, you will have ultimate responsibility of all your teams’ output – strong rationales informed by data, rigorously thought out plans, accurate and insightful reporting, etc.
- Ensure the delivery of their performance objectives as well as Pricing/ Quality KPIs.
- Work closely with the Digital Hub team who are responsible for all the planning and activating across Disney campaigns. It is the Manager’s role to ensure all plans being created by the hub are strategically aligned with the brief.
- Designing measurement solutions that demonstrate the efficacy of campaigns
- Manage internal relationships with other planning, activation and internal specialists, as well as external relationships with clients, suppliers and 3rd parties
- Act as a problem solver, not only in creating solutions for Disney, but through identifying process fixes and better ways of working.
- Proactivity deliver insight, ideas, and innovation to clients, in the pursuit of both business results and award winning campaigns
- Line management of juniors, with responsibility for their wellbeing, workflows, and learning and development (inclusive of appraisals)
- Cascading best practice down to junior team members, inclusive of financial due diligence and their completion of administrative tasks.
We are looking for someone who can come in and immediately make an impact. This person should exude confidence and be able to motivate, educate and aid the development of more junior resource. Whilst the successful candidate will be well supported, it is expected that they should be able to ‘hit the ground running’, and for the most part be able to manage their team autonomously.
At manager level, you will ideally have had valuable exposure to both brand and DR/performance approaches. For this specific role, programmatic background is essential however, those candidates with valuable print / publisher experience is an added benefit.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Ideally 4+ years relevant experience in planning consumer facing Programmatic and Digital (in particular video) campaigns. Knowledge of planning video campaigns is a must.
- Understanding of the programmatic digital marketplace, inclusive of ad-tech and programmatic opportunities (although programmatic trading experience is not a requirement)
- Experience of managing junior resource
- Great negotiation skills and commercial appreciation
- Excellent relationships with media owners and 3rd party suppliers
- The ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; working under pressure and prioritise workload
- Excellent English communication skills – written and spoken
- The ability to confidently present to clients on a regular basis
- Experience delivering data driven marketing, including use and activation of client DMPs
- Advanced understanding of technology innovation, specifically mobile opportunities such as location, mobile payments and coupons, etc.
- Experience of the print marketplace and ability to plan and run print campaign
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave. We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Groupe a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.