Group Account Supervisor
- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Heartbeat is the full-service agency for healthcare Challenger Brands. So what? So… Challengers are playing a high-stakes game—they must battle behemoth market leaders, upend ingrained treatment habits, or transform a “me-too” product into “yes-please” product. That means we never take the easy road. We are a crew of optimists and activists who believe that “Never Been Done” doesn’t mean “Don’t Ever Do.”
A culture-first, creative community, Heartbeat’s been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by both Ad Age and MM&M. We take a lot of pride in that. Heartbeaters are thinkers and doers with healthcare roots and an appetite for fresh perspectives. We chase after challenges with ingenuity and guts, always striving for better. So if you want to surround yourself with partners who are insightful, inventive, and courageous—well, you just hit the motherload.
That’s the philosophy, here are the creds: 200 employees between NYC & LA; strategy, creative, media, & technology under a single roof; a pile of awards from the likes of the Mannys, MM&M, OMMA, & Clio, not to mention Agency of the Year nominations galore. And led by a President who dared to be quoted: “We celebrate people who stand up and say, ‘You know what? This is dumb.'” Damn straight.
- Drives the process and details, and develops tactical plans. Forecasts budgets.
- Finances: Develops and administers clients’ budgets based on accurate estimating and tracking of hours, out-of-pocket expenses, and reconciliation against estimates. Raises client awareness as to when changes in client direction affect estimates. Thorough knowledge of contract and its implications. Sound decision making regarding hours dedicated to jobs, what to prioritize. Thorough knowledge of all basic financial tools necessary to account management
- Trouble shoot: Solution oriented. Knows when things might get off track in agency operations. Uses experience and judgment to proactively solve for potential problems before they get too big. Ability to solve client issues, independently moderate conflicts and influence management decisions
- Team Leadership: Takes on wider, informal leadership responsibilities within the agency
- Management: Team leader, provides clear and fair direction & feedback to junior account staff
- Deep, expert understanding of the therapeutic category, the audience and at least two channels. Basic knowledge of at least one other category, and another audience
- Continuously learning technology
- Demonstrates and applies extensive and expert knowledge of assigned brands
- Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of advice for therapeutic area
- Ensures team adherence to agency process. Identifies issues and leads problem resolution
- Vision: Develops communication objectives & strategies (e.g. marketing/ brand platform briefs). Has the ability to see the big picture and identify the key/broad issues while still driving the process and details
- Planning: High-level analysis of category, research, and competitive data. Analyzes and extracts findings/issues from all available marketing data. Active in strategic development.
- Demonstrates passion for the brand
Tactics and Execution
- Develops marketing/ brand platform briefs). Owns the agency process. Shows resourcefulness and thoroughness in developing tactical plans, including budgets and timelines.
- Production: Supervises and effectively manages the production of client-approved marketing tools
- Creative: Collaborates on creative brief development
- Assumes responsibility for the writing and preparation of marketing communications plans and proposals
- Communication: communicate key Client issues/ initiatives to team accurately and in timely manner
- Demonstrates the ability to think creatively and strategically
- PHCG Offerings: Basic knowledge of PHCG businesses, offerings, and tools
- Builds trusting relationships with client counterparts. Is seen as strategic, integral to the account, and offering added value.
- Relationship: Frequent, positive client contact with key clients
- Brand Champion: Ensures everyone focused on brand strategy and positioning: client, account team, and other internal departments
- Agency Champion: Understands, communicates and advocates the agency POV (point-of-view).
- Presentations: Ensures client is kept apprised of all account activity: this includes ultimate responsibility for ensuring that appropriate written reports are delivered accurately and quickly. Presents complex data or messages in clear, succinct, compelling manner to clients
- Lead role in ensuring timely, accurate client documentation & correspondence
- Exhibits Integrity and Trust
- Exhibits Self Development
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required
- MBA, Masters in Marketing or related discipline preferred
- Experience in healthcare communications environment preferred
- 6+ years experience
- 2+ Interactive marketing experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.