Intermediate Art Director
- 175 Bloor St. East, North Tower, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Leo Burnett is looking for an Intermediate Art Director to join their Team!
The Intermediate Art Director innovates, plans and directs a variety of client assignments, managing the design component of projects, while collaborating with others on a team that generates interactive solutions to exceed client expectations. The Art Director possesses both strategic and conceptual thinking, and works to establish the art direction, style and tone for projects. They will be involved in all phases of creative development and must be able to manage assignments from concept through to completion, building out and designing creative on integrated advertising campaigns for large reputable clients. Candidates should have solid advertising and brand marketing experience with the knowledge, ideas and energy to create world-class work.
This role reports to the Associate Creative or Creative Director.
- Work closely with Creative Directors to execute creative concepts.
- Collaborate with other members of the creative team to develop relevant project strategies.
- Actively participates in team brainstorm sessions to discuss assignment parameters.
- Understand a brand’s tone and positioning.
- Generate a range of ideas and designs to solve client’s marketing problems, and produces effective and compelling design for all elements of the creative solution, including interface design, typography, layout and iconography.
- Prepares design solutions for internal and external presentations.
- Act as a main point of contact for Account Management and Project Management teams.
- Participates in production process to ensure integrity of final product (print, video or digital production).
- Helps develop tools and recommendations to improve current processes that impact client deliverables.
- Coordinates design efforts with experienced planners to understand user needs and design a solution that meets those needs.
- Oversees the pre-production process, working with production to ensure integrity of files.
- Regularly leads client-planning meetings.
- Understands client brand & business objectives and translates into a compelling concept.
- Consistently developing your knowledge and understanding of client's business, leading to the development of a broader range of solutions to client problems.
- Helps other team members develop a working knowledge of client’s business, industry and marketing needs.
- Works enthusiastically with other client team members in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, while creatively solving problems with a positive, professional demeanor.
- Professional knowledge of graphic art or related field required – normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in graphic design/visual communications or interactive media.
- Experience coming up with creative 360-degree advertising campaign ideas, seeing them through from the concepting stage all the way through post-production (TV, radio, digital, print, OOH, social, experiential, etc.)
- 3-4 years of experience with a strong and diverse portfolio of advertising campaigns - background in an agency environment or in-house marketing department preferred.
- Experience presenting with the ability to effectively communicate ideas to an audience.
- Expert knowledge of software packages including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Working knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics.
- Strong presentation and communication skills in order to effectively manage work flow within and across teams and recommend improvements to existing processes.
- Analytical skills to evaluate creative approach, and seek unexpected, original and innovative ideas.
- Thrives in a fast paced and creative environment.
Leo Burnett Toronto is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Drawing on valuable perspectives and insights from our unique workforce allows us to continue sharing our best work with the world. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide appropriate accommodation for candidates with disabilities or accessibility needs throughout the recruitment process, upon request. Please contact our recruiter for any questions, accommodations or specific requests.