- 175 Bloor St. East, North Tower, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Leo Burnett is looking for an Intermediate Copywriter to join their Team!
The Copywriter Innovates, plans and directs a variety of client assignments, managing the written component of projects, partnering with account, art director and production. Works on multiple projects, in various stages of the process, at any given time. Understands and applies marketing tactics appropriate to client objectives and develops work that fulfills the strategy and goals.
This role reports to the Associate Creative or Creative Director.
- Participates with other members of the creative team to develop relevant project strategies. In doing so, actively participates in team and/or client meetings to discuss assignment parameters.
- Generates a range of ideas and concepts to solve client’s marketing problems. Accomplishes this through personal efforts and by effectively managing broad project parameters, less experienced team members, and outside freelancers.
- Prepares copy solutions for internal and external presentations.
- Participates in production process to ensure integrity of final product (print, video or digital production). Helps develop tools and recommendations to improve current processes that impact client deliverables.
- Oversees the pre-production process, partnering with art director and production to ensure integrity of files. Regularly leads client planning meetings
- Understands client brand & business objectives and translates into a compelling concept.
- Expanded client experience permits incumbent to develop a range of options to client problems while continuing to develop knowledge and understanding of the client’s business and its competition.
- Assists other team members develop a working knowledge of client’s business, industry and marketing needs.
- Expands personal knowledge of promotion, management techniques and current state-of-the-art production techniques.
- Works enthusiastically with account team, production, traffic, and other creatives in a collaborative environment.
- Expert level knowledge of grammar and style, self-editing concepts and application as normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Communications related field.
- 2 - 5 years related work experience necessary to contribute to a broad range of client copy requirements and to adapt style to reflect client-specific tones.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to effectively organize and present concepts in a clear manner, mentor less experienced staff, and listen attentively for content and context of messages during client/team meetings.
- Analytical skills necessary to enhance client solutions via copy, adapt style to client deliverables, and to actively participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Emerging presentation and communication skills necessary in order to effectively manage work flow within and across teams and recommend improvements to existing processes that impact results.
- Analytical skills necessary to evaluate creative approach, and seek unexpected, original and innovative ideas.
Leo Burnett Toronto is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Drawing on valuable perspectives and insights from our unique workforce allows us to continue sharing our best work with the world. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide appropriate accommodation for candidates with disabilities or accessibility needs throughout the recruitment process, upon request. Please contact our recruiter for any questions, accommodations or specific requests.