- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Heartbeat is the full-service agency for healthcare Challenger Brands. So what? So… Challengers are playing a high-stakes game—they must battle behemoth market leaders, upend ingrained treatment habits, or transform a “me-too” product into “yes-please” product. That means we never take the easy road. We are a crew of optimists and activists who believe that “Never Been Done” doesn’t mean “Don’t Ever Do.”
A culture-first, creative community, Heartbeat’s been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by both Ad Age and MM&M. We take a lot of pride in that. Heartbeaters are thinkers and doers with healthcare roots and an appetite for fresh perspectives. We chase after challenges with ingenuity and guts, always striving for better. So if you want to surround yourself with partners who are insightful, inventive, and courageous—well, you just hit the motherload.
That’s the philosophy, here are the creds: 200 employees between NYC & LA; strategy, creative, media, & technology under a single roof; a pile of awards from the likes of the Mannys, MM&M, OMMA, & Clio, not to mention Agency of the Year nominations galore. And led by a President who dared to be quoted: “We celebrate people who stand up and say, ‘You know what? This is dumb.'” Damn straight.
Do you love communing with the grammar gods? How about debating the finer points of annotation? Do you have an intimate relationship with your preferred style manual?
Heartbeat Ideas, a NYC interactive agency focusing on the pharmaceutical sector, is looking for a highly organized and dedicated Editor to ensure content quality and accuracy. In a nutshell, we need someone to turn content coal into finely fact-checked diamonds.
The Editor collaborates with writers, creative directors, and project managers to ensure work is on tone, on point and accurately referenced. The right candidate will have substantive medical/pharmaceutical experience and fluency with AMA style. He or she will feel comfortable working on digital copy and be able to work with various client/brand style guides.
Importantly, this person is smart and enthusiastic about doing great work.
- Edit, fact-check, and proofread web and digital copy.
- Ensure adherence to client/brand guidelines.
- Maintain project style sheets.
- Request and track permissions.
- Exceptional editorial ability.
- Excellent proofreading and fact-checking skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate well with a team.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and client editorial styles simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years’ editorial experience, including medical/pharmaceutical and, ideally, web.
- Confidence with technology and medical subject matter.
- Fluency in AMA style.
- Dedication and high standards.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.