- Harris Street 21, Sydney, NSW, Australia
At Leo Burnett we believe that creativity is the most powerful asset in business today. In an increasingly commoditised world, creativity is the greatest competitive advantage for our clients and their brands. Our ability to create fresh, original, disruptive, transformative ideas comes from a deep understanding of human behaviour. It’s what we bring to every business problem. We call it HumanKind™ thinking. It’s not about customers or consumers; we start with people and their behaviour. And we use all our intelligence, design thinking, digital innovation and customer experience capabilities to shape that thinking into behaviour and business-changing solutions.
We are looking for a talented Business Manager to join some of our best client teams at Leo Burnett in Sydney. The candidate will be managing an integrated workflow on iconic Australian brands, with particular focus on running best in class social and also supporting on a fully integrated large brand platform campaign delivery. We are looking for someone who is fluent in digital / social with a real passion for business transforming ideas and for Australian culture. This is a role at the heart of the agency with huge potential for growth and the opportunity to create career defining work.
What we can offer you:
- The best start to your career and a supportive environment where you’ll want to stay and grow!
- Benefit from the access, opportunity and security of being part of a progressive global network
- Enjoy a bountiful Wholeself program supporting Physical, Mindful and Financial wellbeing – including free brekky and yoga sessions we know you’ll love
- Space to grow through our extensive Learning & Development program with live training sessions on an array of topics and more than 15,000 learning programs via our online learning platform Marcel Classes
- A genuine commitment to flexible working with our Publicis Liberté approach to flexibility tailored to you and your life
- Access to our Global AI Platform, Marcel, connecting Publicis Groupe employees with opportunities for advancement and collaboration with our global network. Your geography has no limits with Marcel!
What to expect:
- Support the team by taking responsibility for day-to-day operations of campaigns in progress and provide ongoing feedback to your team.
- Support the account team in the development of client business by being solutions orientated and suggesting ideas.
- Develop and maintain an excellent rapport with your day to day client contacts, both over the phone and face to face / VC.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with other agency departments to ensure client delivery.
- Execute assigned campaigns on a day-to-day basis, liaising with internal departments and the client in order to progress jobs through the agency.
- Arrange regular client status/monthly meetings and produce status and contact reports.
- Prepare creative, task, social, studio, production and all briefs accurately with all the necessary detailed information.
- Assist your line managers (Senior Business Director and Business Director) by actively monitoring competitors and market place and having an understanding of client’s business.
- Assist in the day to day delivery of outstanding client service by:
- Proactively managing job schedules including liaison with other agency and client departments.
- Understanding agency systems.
- Checking the quality of all agency work before presenting it. Strong attention to detail.
- Work with agency departments to produce campaign estimates and demonstrate a clear understanding of budgeting requirements.
- Prepare invoicing, maintain job bags (JDRs), minimise debtors and follow up with clients for payment where necessary.
- Strong organisation, communication, administrative, interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of social channels and experience delivering social-led campaigns
- Project Management Skills and Negotiation
- Tertiary qualified in a communications/marketing discipline or with recognised Advertising course preferred
- Must have experience supporting and also running projects autonomously.
- 2-3 years advertising agency experience in account service
Leo Burnett, as a part of Publicis Groupe, believes that our people are our greatest asset. Our people are chosen for their personalities, their ethics and professional qualities without any exclusion, preferential treatment or discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate by reason of age, gender, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion or disability or any other difference. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide appropriate assistance for candidates with disabilities or special needs throughout the recruitment process upon request.