Manager, Digital Analytics
- 10 Westport Rd, Wilton, CT 06897, USA
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon is seeking a Manager of Digital Analytics to join our growing Digital Strategy & Analytics team. In this role, the person will manage an offshore analytics team; providing oversight and guidance. In addition, using various tools and through hands-on consumer and campaign data analysis, this role will help define, measure and optimize ongoing marketing campaign performance. The manager will lead their individual team, helping our clients and their marketing teams develop better-performing campaigns and determine whether their marketing investments have been successful.
The particular area of analytic focus for this role will be campaign and marketing reporting for a business unit (collection of brands) by accessing a customer data mart which houses multi-channel digital marketing data. The focus area will be delivering analytics, reporting, and recommendations on the client’s data driven marketing campaigns. While the data mart will be the main way to access performance data, other independent channel analytics will come into play including media, model scoring, advanced segmentation, website, etc. and your collaboration and partnership with our advanced analytics teams will be needed to tell the full story.
In addition to working on one of our largest and most exciting accounts, the Manager of Digital Analytics will also work cross-functionally with our internal sales, account management, marketing operations, creative, strategy, tech, database, and project management teams.
The Digital Analytics team generates insights from a variety of digital marketing initiatives, including websites (desktop & mobile), social media, mobile apps, email, customer relationship management databases, coupons, ecommerce platforms and sweepstakes to name a few. The Digital Analytics team works across virtually all Epsilon digital clients and will provide the Manager of Digital Analytics with exposure to these varying experiences, skill-based training, and career pathing and development.
Our ideal candidate is analytical, containing a depth of experience in email and database marketing, strong knowledge of media analytics and the larger digital marketing ecosystem to determine a true view with omnichannel analytics. We are also looking for excellent communication of complex concepts, diligent and efficient project management skills, and an adaptable, friendly and honest demeanor.
The Manager of Digital Analytics will report to the Senior Director of Digital Analytics.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal/external stakeholders to manage data logistics – including data specifications, transfers, structures, and rules
- Prioritize and manage all deliverables across of a team of 3+ Lead Analyst
- Serve as a team expert in digital analytics spanning Email, Web, Mobile, Media, and Social
- Provide proficient problem solving and data analysis, derived from programming and marketing/business experience
- Access and analyze marketing data, mainly from the customer data mart, but also from a variety of analytic tools (Database, Email, Website, etc.) in order to create these customized reports and dashboards.
- Structure large data sets to find usable information
- Design, build and automate dashboards per client requirements
- Document and articulate the steps taken in an analysis to internal stakeholders
- Answer questions about data sets and analyses
- Provide quality (QA/QC) analysis and related output
- Master all policies and procedures for programming, project documentation, and system management
- Take a proactive, independent role in project design, planning & execution
- Effectively manage time and resources in order to deliver on time / correctly on multiple (5+) concurrent projects
- Anticipate project risk and constraints and proactively work on solutions to address the risk/constraints as well as escalate as required
- Serve as project manager and delivery lead on analyses of significant scope, complexity.
- QC data and results provided by Lead Data Analyst, Sr. Data Analyst, Data Analyst, Statistician, and others
- Provide technical oversight of cross-functional resources and less-experienced peers
- Create and present customized performance wrap up reports. These reports will outline the key successes, areas of improvement, and strategic recommendations to be implemented moving forward for our clients.
- Participate in presentation of results to key internal and external stakeholders, effectively communicating the key findings and recommendations
- Providing ad hoc reporting.
- 7-9 years of relevant professional experience conducting data analytics or working in another analytical field with a demonstrated passion for digital and experience being a key point of contact for a client relationship.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, etc.) or computer science
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and data driven marketing approaches, measurement and channels for activating 1st party data across channels
- Proficient with toolsets (SAS, SAS ODS, SAS Access, SQL, Unix, Tableau, Databricks) and large datasets and familiarity with digital data
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to keep the audience engaged and answer ad-hoc questions
- Experience with SFMC and handing off data from the data warehouse to SFMC
- Reporting and data visualization skills using software like Tableau or Power BI
- Understanding of data warehousing and ETL techniques
- Strong analytic thought process and ability to synthesize and interpret findings
- Proficient in MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Solid planning, priority setting, and project management skills with experience managing multiple projects concurrently
- Acute attention to detail (QA/QC)
- Effective communicator via both written and spoken word
- Prior managerial experience of teams of 2 or more people
- Successful developing relationships within and across functional teams (including statistical, technical, and marketing resources)
- Highly motivated and collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Experience in the retail, QSR, ecommerce, or beauty/cosmetics industry is preferred.
- Ability to program in newer and emerging languages such as R and Python; working knowledge of Hadoop and other big data technologies
- Prior experience working with offshore teams
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.