- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Heartbeat is the full-service agency for healthcare Challenger Brands. So what? So… Challengers are playing a high-stakes game—they must battle behemoth market leaders, upend ingrained treatment habits, or transform a “me-too” product into “yes-please” product. That means we never take the easy road. We are a crew of optimists and activists who believe that “Never Been Done” doesn’t mean “Don’t Ever Do.”
A culture-first, creative community, Heartbeat’s been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by both Ad Age and MM&M. We take a lot of pride in that. Heartbeaters are thinkers and doers with healthcare roots and an appetite for fresh perspectives. We chase after challenges with ingenuity and guts, always striving for better. So if you want to surround yourself with partners who are insightful, inventive, and courageous—well, you just hit the motherload.
That’s the philosophy, here are the creds: 200 employees between NYC & LA; strategy, creative, media, & technology under a single roof; a pile of awards from the likes of the Mannys, MM&M, OMMA, & Clio, not to mention Agency of the Year nominations galore. And led by a President who dared to be quoted: “We celebrate people who stand up and say, ‘You know what? This is dumb.'” Damn straight.
This role includes:
- Expert in CSS and XHTML semantic markup, standards compliance and mastery of cross browser issues required.
- Knowledge of usability and coding practices for accessibility and SEO.
- Must have at least 2+ years’ experience building dynamic, database-backed web applications (not just marketing/brochure-ware sites).
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution.
- User interface design sensitivity and skills required; must have experience collaboratively negotiating and quickly getting to decisions with product managers, visual designers and engineers on desired visual layout versus technical limitations or effort; must be able to prototype UI mockups.
- Must be able to work closely and collaboratively (e.g., pair programming) with team members and have exceptional communication skills. This includes excellent skills in coordinating work with other team members as needed, and not hesitating to clearly expose impediments to managers. Strong teamwork with lots of face-to-face communications is paramount.
- Must be able to take direction as well as take initiative where needed to help the team avoid pitfalls and solve the "whole problem" from the user’s perspective.
- Some form of dynamic language experience such as PHP, Python, Perl or Ruby;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where multiple overlapping projects are the norm.
- Ability to work well with both business and technical partners.
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity.
- Able to set and meet specific external and internal deadlines, and follow through with quality work products.
- Hard-working and dedicated to meeting all commitments to the team, even if this requires extra time. Example: you underestimate work needed to hit a team milestone, but put in the extra effort to get the project delivered on schedule.
- Knowledge of HTML5/CSS3/WebKit a plus
- Ability to integrate and debug front end code within backend code in IDEs such as Visual Studio Code
- Experience with Agile or Scrum development environments and interactive development
- Experience with backend code like C# .NET and PHP are a plus
- Experience with Veeva CLM, Approved Email and AEM are big pluses
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.